How to safely sit down the Xb1 Elite controller?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rancherlee

Jul 9, 2000
sweet controllers but dang the price! I added 2 buttons under a 360 controller many years ago strictly for COD so I could Prone and Jump without pulling my thumb off the stick and had knife on RS click. Haven't gotten around to modding an XB1 controller though as I'm not really into the twitchy FPS shooters anymore.

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
People like using their fingers instead of their right thumb. It's a lot easier to hit 4 buttons with 4 fingers than 4 buttons with one thumb.

Because people want to cheat so they can have a massive advantage. They can't use the default controller like everyone else cause they want things to be easy for them.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Because people want to cheat so they can have a massive advantage. They can't use the default controller like everyone else cause they want things to be easy for them.

Yeah ok, next go tell all the competitive PC gamers that their $200 keyboards and $100 programmable mouse is cheating. We should all be using a ball mouse etc.

Nov 20, 2009
In that case then Microsoft should also slow down matches so everyone's network condition is exactly the same as the slowest moron connected.

You must feel that every game you play with others as always someone is cheating their success over you. :eek:

And I guess everyone on PC gaming is 100% cheaters. :colbert:

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013

Dumbest crybaby statement possible. I am on a 720p, 42" TV. If someone else is on a 60", 1080p TV, is he cheating because he can see things better than I can? How about the Lunar White and Forza 6 controllers that have better palm grips, are they cheating? What about PC gaming, where some monitors have better response times? How about wired vs. wireless mice and keyboards? How about generic computer speakers, vs. 7.1 surround sound headsets?

Just sounds like you don't want to pay money for the hardware--SOLD BY THE MAKER OF THE CONSOLE--and want to complain that others do.

Nov 20, 2009
I must be a really big cheater since my screen is 10 feet wide. LOL

Oh, wait, I am able to see enemies at a distance sooner than my posse. Damn!

thehotsung8701A

May 18, 2015
Yeah ok, next go tell all the competitive PC gamers that their $200 keyboards and $100 programmable mouse is cheating. We should all be using a ball mouse etc.

You don't understand, console has one universal control while PC is all about customization. If I want a fair competition, I'm more likely to get it from console then PC.

Bacstar

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2006

I was finally able to find me an Xbox Elite controller. Pretty nice and has some weight to it, not much, but definitely more than a standard controller. So, my experience so far on Halo 5 has been a nightmare. I started off with all the extra buttons which completely ruined my first few matches. I just mapped them to Jump and Dodge, so anytime I got into a "heated" situation, I was accidently jumping or dodging which just got me killed faster. So, at this point, I think I'm at a disadvantage, and like with either controller, I imagine as time goes on, I can only get better.

Nice thing though is you can detach the button actuators pretty easily, so I'm just down to 2 - 1 on each side. I like how their is a setting that changes the amount of pull to activate the main triggers. Also the extra joystick attachments are pretty neat too. I use the rounded one for my left stick, and the short indented one for the right one. Slowly but surely I'm getting used to the setup and getting better in matches...now, was it worth $150? hehehe I had the extra money, so I guess I'm happy so far.

No problems setting it down yet...I have an ottoman which is pretty firm. I do sometimes accidently trigger them when I go one handed to take a drink or pet the dog.

Lil Frier

Platinum Member
Oct 3, 2013
I picked one up tonight at Best Buy (missed out on the online orders the night before and this morning, but my store had 2 when I went by). It feels amazing, but haven't gotten to try it out. It came with Halo 5 for free as well (Best Buy deal this week), so even better. The thing's just the most amazing pairing of minimalist design and quality I could have hoped for. I like the high-contract black and silver.