How to lose 9 lbs in 2 days

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
Sounds like a bad case of food poisoning. Dont forget to stay well hydrated with gatorade

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Mo0o
Sounds like a bad case of food poisoning. Dont forget to stay well hydrated with gatorade

Yep. When you have a fever and are blowing crap outta both ends, hydration becomes your absolute number one priority.

Trust me, once you become just so dehydrated, your body enters a downhill spiral it cannot recover from without IV fluids pushed in at high rates.

I've been there three times in my life. No fun at all.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Mexican Two-Step did something similar to me, but I typically lose about 5-9lbs in a typical workday from sweating and not eating anyway.

BlackOmen

Aug 23, 2001
I had the same symptoms a couple years back. Turned out to be a fatal (if not treated) strain of e coli.

Get to the damn doctor.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: BlackOmen
I had the same symptoms a couple years back. Turned out to be a fatal (if not treated) strain of e coli.

Get to the damn doctor.

My stomach still hurts a bit, but I havnt puked in well over a day, and Ive run out of stuff to poop out I think...

How long do I have until I die?

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: dxkj
Originally posted by: BlackOmen

Get to the damn doctor.

My stomach still hurts a bit, but I havnt puked in well over a day, and Ive run out of stuff to poop out I think...

How long do I have until I die?

About 5.3 hours, enjoy what you have left. :p

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Food poisoning can be really serious, see a doctor asap, especially if you're running that high a fever.

Otaking

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Looney
Not sure what I have, but Ive managed to not eat, vomit, and have diarrhea since mid-thursday.

My stomach still kills me, and im still shooting it out, I wonder when this stops.

Sounds like food poisoning

I think he called it.

I had this many years back, and my friend carried me to the hospital cuz I was too weak to stand up after 4 days of not eating and puking/vomiting. The doctors poked me with an IV with some minerals, and I felt better immediately.

Don't be an idiot like I was. Go to the doctor. Now.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
My fever is gone, I havnt puked in over a day, Ive eaten a few saltines and 64 ounces of gatorade, and some pepto pills.

I think the worst is probably over

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Updated: I am still sick and it has been over 6 days.... I finally went to the doctor, and im feeling even worse. The doctor told me that I was right, It was just really bad stomach flu.... so Im still sick, and wasted 2hrs on the dr visit

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Viral gastroenteritis. One time I got that and lost 14 pounds in a few days.

I lost about 35 lbs once in 24 hours.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Bryophyte

Your arm or leg?

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Bryophyte

Your arm or leg?

9 lb baby + ~25 lbs water weight (had pregnancy induced hypertension)

Rumpltzer

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2003
The last time I had some bad food poisoning (while overseas), I only lasted about 4 days before I had to go to the doctor. In that 4 days, though, I took a 13 hour plane ride over the Pacific Ocean. It sucked.

I finally went to the doctor when my legs cramped up so badly that I couldn't get from the couch to the bathroom! :confused:

They put a couple of IVs in me and gave me morphine. Morphine stopped the stomach cramping IMMEDIATELY and helped me in so many ways. :D Antibiotics took care of the rest.