How to get your friend OFF of Minecraft

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Interesting, minecraft is a pretty shallow game. Once you build a house and played a mod, you played them all
Can't tell if trolling or really really stupid.

OP: You can see play time somewhere in the options menu.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
I went through my minecraft phase pretty quick because I liked the idea of doing everything "the hard way" and testing out a lot of world seeds that had me starting in an interesting area. After spending 30-40 hours in two different worlds that I liked I started messing with the inventory and map editors. The single player game lost any appeal after that, because setting the limits of not using them made me realize how tedious it is to get the "cool" parts of that game. I tried multiplayer a couple times and just never found a server that was worth it to me.

My dungeon defenders addiction mainly had me losing sleep and wasting every second of free time, but I never really got that with minecraft. Leanring my lesson from minecraft I stuck to the ranked dungeon defender servers so as not to use all the shortcut mods in open mode. Once I finally did, it was no big deal because I cared more about enhancing my ranked characters instead of wasting time in open mode. Steam says I have over 480 hours in DD, but I would imagine 25% of that was either leaving the game open in menus overnight/during important tasks (cleaning, eating, showering), or AFK farming with tower characters.

I've got around 2000 hours into dungeon defenders. What a flipping fantastic game... Can't wait for DD2!

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
yea thats what I figured, I was just thinking if I could do something to speed this process up.

money hacks... give him any form of hack / cheat / something which typically spoils any game, and removes the grind from it.