• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question How to get GPU firmware version in windows?

gpucaddy

Sep 28, 2020
I'm building an inventory system for GPUs and looking to find a way to query GPU firmware version. I have tried the WMI query for Video Controller, but it only returns driver version and driver date.
Get-WmiObject -Query "Select * From Win32_VideoController"

For AMD GPUs, if I go to the AMD Radeon Software, it lists the firmware version.
I'm sure NVidia has a similar utility. But I do not know what kind of GPU exists on a system (or even if it has one). I need a generic solution which can be queried through the command line. I'd really appreciate any help here. Thanks!

Shmee

Memory and Storage, Graphics Cards
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Does it need to be command line? You can use GPU Z I think.

Steltek

Platinum Member
Mar 29, 2001
You might check out AIDA64. It has a command line interface, and I believe it can provide information on all the GPUs it finds installed in a system (including the Video BIOS version), or at least it used to. I believe it can also be used across a network.

You'd probably need a paid version, though, so I don't know how that would work with your application needs.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS