How tall are U ?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WombatWoman

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2000
62.5 inches, 119 pounds stripped and drained. BMI = 21.45232784290909.

Golly gee, how neato that they express this barely meaningful number to the precision of 14 places!

Those of you who are concerned about your whopper BMI's may just be big-boned, like Eric Cartman. :D

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
6'0" (1.8m from my calculations)
185lbs (last time I checked, may have changed)

Napalm381

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< I have to say that that calculator is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. It is not unhealthy to be so jacked that you weigh a lot. For example someone 6'3&quot;, 225 lbs -> a 28+ on that scale, OBESE. But, the calculation does not take into effect percentage of body fat or any other factors. It may be entertaining, but useful? I think not. >>

Is it a magic determination of your life expectancy? No, of course not. But it is certainly useful. Numerous studies have shown that a higher BMI has a statically significant correlation with life expectancy. Obviously, if you work out a lot and have a lot of muscles, it will not be as accurate an indicator. It doesn't take into account body fat and other factors, no. But it is certainly a meaningful number that, when combined with other statistics about your health, can do a fairly good job estimating your life expectancy.

TaylorD

Diamond Member
May 13, 2000
I guess that is fair to say, but I would emphasize &quot;along with other factors&quot; because I think many people may take this to seriously, when, in reality, it is truly meaningless.

The statistics may show that a person of average health will follow the BMI guidelines, but I truly believe that lifestyle is the most important factor in determining life expectancy.