How old were you when you learned to swim?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I'm assuming I'll be > 20, since I'm 20, and don't plan to learn in the next few months.

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
My oldest sister is 17 years older than me. Her boyfriend was a champion swimmer at our highschool. He took me and my friends to the highschool pool everyday in the summer. I was less than 5 and he taught me to swim.

yourdeardaniel

Golden Member
Mar 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Yossarian
at conception, I remember swimming as a tiny tiny sperm.

u couldn't remember, u had no brains at conception.. no develop organs (correct me if i'm wrong)

Jamie571

Nov 7, 2002
Around four I could swim pretty good. I was in a swim team at 11 where I usually placed in the top 3 and was a lifegaurd by the age of 16.

I suck at just about all sports, except for swimming where I excel.

My daughter at 9 just the other day could dive to the bottom of a 12 foot pool and retrieve coins. My son at 5 can jump off the board in the deep end and swim to the side (he still panic swims just a little).

Calin

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2001
I want a multiple answers poll :D
I had some 8-9 years (I think) when I first learned to swim. I had some 15 years when I learned to "swim" the second time, this time in a small mountain river, I had like stretches of 5 meters long where I could swim.
At 29 years (now) I am learning to swim on "great" distances like 50+ meters. The record for the moment would be at 100m with a small stop in the middle.
I wait to go to Greece in vacation, I hope to swim there

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
I've been swimming ever since I can remember. It it is still one of my favorite things in the world to do. When I lived in Venice I went swimming every single day in the ocean for at least an hour and many times hours on end for over a year(had a wetsuit for the colder days). I would kill to be back near the ocean.

If there is such a thing as reincarnation I want to come back as a fish or a dolphin. :D

spelling edit