How often do you go to your doctor in a year?

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
lets see,i think i went when i was 17 the last time before i moved out. didn't have insurance from 18-23, so needless to say I never went. after those "hard" years lol, i figured i better get a check out/blood work etc, about a year ago or more i went in and got everything done, blood work was fine, everything okay, just slightly higher than normal blood pressure, but exercise and diet change has helped with that ;)

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
He gives you xanax. I would go every week.

yeah, he gives me xanax, halcion, antabuse, whatever i ask for. :awe: i thnk he does it easier when i show up skinny also, he used to fuss at me for being fat. tuesday i went and my BP was perfect and i had lost weight, i should've asked for oxy.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
how old are these folks going every THREE months?!
28... but I've been on a medically supervised diet for the past year and a half. I have to get regular blood work done to check on various things to make sure I'm not developing problems like anemia or something.

chin311

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2003
oh oh, well if something is wrong or you have some health issues, its understandable.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
always do the yearly gyno visit
do a yearly physical at my pcp

and then maybe once a year if that for anything else. i did just go for bronchitis and sinusitis about a month ago b/c i knew i needed antibiotics for that one.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Usually averages once every 3 years for me. And it's always the emergency room.

I just went for an infected ingrown toenail

Before that it was for a hurt knee

before that it was for a bad cut while working

before that it was for another bad cut where the utility knife slipped and rammed right into my wrist full force. Thank goodness it just missed my major veins.

When I was young I fell out of a tree and went to the ER. Broke both arms in like 5 places.

And a few other things that were actual appointments.

I don't see how an infected toenail required an ER visit.

I typically go once per year for a checkup and maybe a time or two more if I get sick.