Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
I was waiting to get my hair cut today and a gentleman was checking out. Apparently he thought the haircut should be $10 and not $11 after a coupon. The lady tried to explain how the coupon worked but he insisted that he had called the place yesterday and someone told him it would be $10. They went back and forth a couple of times with him saying "I wouldn't have come here if it was going to be $11!" She gave up, because its a freaking dollar. More fuss than I would have made over $1

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Not. You should have punched him in the throat. Shows your lack of Southern gentile-ism....or redneck "eff him."

I'm pretty happy to say, "GTFO of my way," when people are being stupid.

Man, my wife lucked up, amirite?

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Mine rhymes, so.....
So, you're a prick
You want to use a coupon that doesn't fit
You already knew it but you insist on your "screw it"
"I want mine," at everyone else's expense
"cause I'm a baller that doesn't have 90+ cents."

Throat punch material, right there.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
My time is too valuable to argue about $1 if I was the service provider.
Next time that this "customer" returns, I'd make it clear to them on how much it is.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I hate people like that. Was at the grocery once and this lady was arguing over a 25 cent coupon. Said limit of 3 per customer and she had 4, or something like that, I forget exactly. Was trying to get around it somehow and arguing. Held up the line for like half an hour. I was tempted to just go offer to pay her 25 cent difference so the line can keep going.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Next time that this "customer" returns, I'd make it clear to them on how much it is.

Next time make it clear that the charge is 12 dollars. Win.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Reminds me of my friend. Installed a quad-core APU in his GF's rig (of which I gave them the parts for three years ago). Told him that I was charging him $25 for it.

During installation, it paused after installing three out of four of the cores' ACPI drivers. I made an off-hand, out-loud comment, "I hope that this isn't a triple core".

He called me a couple of days later to complain, and telling me that I sold him a triple-core (and that I had "told him" that it was a triple-core), and he was expecting a quad-core, so that he should get a partial refund.

:p

Edit: For the record, after it installed, I checked device manager, saw that it had four cores, and did also comment out-loud that "thank goodness, this is a quad-core". But of course, he didn't hear that part.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's not the amount all the time, it can be the principle of the thing. I mailed a letter a few months ago that weighed 1.00 ounce with one ounce postage on it (i.e. one Forever stamp) and it came back postage due. I refused to put on more postage. I chased down the mailman, who told me he was substituting on that day and didn't give him the coins... I argued. He ultimately told me that he'd talk to the people at the office and if they wouldn't relent, he would pay for the additional postage himself. A couple weeks or so later the letter was again returned to my door. Fuckin' postal "service!"

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Not. You should have punched him in the throat. Shows your lack of Southern gentile-ism....or redneck "eff him."

I'm pretty happy to say, "GTFO of my way," when people are being stupid.

Man, my wife lucked up, amirite?
"That man does not suffer fools gladly." My GF told me later that her dad had said that about me after I met her folks.

Reactions: highland145

NoCreativity

Golden Member
Feb 28, 2008
Usually never worth it but as Muse said, sometimes principle comes into it. The reason people like that argue is because it works.

Reactions: clamum

kn51

Aug 16, 2012
Good grief, last thing you want to do is use a coupon for a haircut. Find a decent place through friends, develop a rapport with the person, tip well, and well you will get rewarded.

Otherwise you'll end up looking like Mark Davis.

Reactions: VirtualLarry

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Heh...she didn’t get much...my life ain’t worth a plugged nickel...
Today I learned the origin of that expression.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/plug_nickel

lf.jpg

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Good grief, last thing you want to do is use a coupon for a haircut. Find a decent place through friends, develop a rapport with the person, tip well, and well you will get rewarded.

Otherwise you'll end up looking like Mark Davis.
My wife mows my head.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
The guy should have just let it go, but the business should have honored the $10 price without any argument; I think they're more petty than this guy. Do you really want to risk losing a repeat customer (and potentially others, if he tells his friends/family) over $1?

Reactions: clamum

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
The guy should have just let it go, but the business should have honored the $10 price without any argument; I think they're more petty than this guy. Do you really want to risk losing a repeat customer (and potentially others, if he tells his friends/family) over $1?
That kind of guy is never a repeat. He'll be harassing some other barber with coupon in hand.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
That kind of guy is never a repeat. He'll be harassing some other barber with coupon in hand.
My Mom's like that. She's like, "I found a coupon in the paper! You can use it when you go to your mechanic.".

I'm thinking, "Hey, man-to-man, I already agreed on an estimate, I'm not going to try to nickle-and-dime the guy with a coupon." "Seriously, WTF Mom."

(I'm in my 40s, I don't live with Mom, but she lives nearby .)

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My Mom's like that. She's like, "I found a coupon in the paper! You can use it when you go to your mechanic.".

I'm thinking, "Hey, man-to-man, I already agreed on an estimate, I'm not going to try to nickle-and-dime the guy with a coupon." "Seriously, WTF Mom."

(I'm in my 40s, I don't live with Mom, but she lives nearby .)

You mean, upstairs? ;colbert;