How much power did Fox News have?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Pull a McCarthy on him. Accuse the cock sucker of being UnAmerican and force him to a congressional hearing. WHEN he lies, you can use it as an excuse to press charges.
Every Republican put under oath have their Fox interviews ready. It will be easy to catch them lying.

Ask them question, after question, after question, under oath

Reactions: hal2kilo and dank69

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Every Republican put under oath have their Fox interviews ready. It will be easy to catch them lying.

Ask them question, after question, after question, under oath

They’ll just all plead the fifth or say they don’t remember.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
They’ll just all plead the fifth or say they don’t remember.
5th is for self-incrimination which isn't in play. We want to expose their propaganda for what it is. It just happens not to be illegal. They have to answer or go straight to jail

Reactions: dank69

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
5th is for self-incrimination which isn't in play. We want to expose their propaganda for what it is. It just happens not to be illegal. They have to answer or go straight to jail
I dont know if you can or cant plead the 5th for inquiries made by a congressional committee. But you can definitely stall by saying you dont know or cant remember. Tons of people did it and got away clean. Oliver North comes to mind.

Reactions: Pohemi

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I dont know if you can or cant plead the 5th for inquiries made by a congressional committee. But you can definitely stall by saying you dont know or cant remember. Tons of people did it and got away clean. Oliver North comes to mind.
All you have to is play their clips, compare to the truth and watch them squirm. All we want to do is expose their M.O. of lies and disinformation.

I know someone who is friends with Jamie Raskin. I'll drop a note and see what he thinks.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I'm thinking there must be millions of Repubs that fit into this surreal mindset where they know very well they're being lied to and lied to very often by their leadership yet will go along with it, inflate it and pass it around as if it were the indisputable truth just because it makes them feel good doing it, to feel they are supporting their team, to make wishful thinking become their reality, the new normal that they want the rest of the nation to accept, allow and fall victim to.

Why? Because it's all they have to win at the polls. Well, beside their wholesale gerrymandering and all those restrictive voting laws they're passing in order to fix the vote in their favor, of course. The Repubs have to accept these undemocratic ploys of theirs as being OK for themselves to do, but high treason if the Dems tried it. And that's OK with them too. The party has hit rock bottom ethics and morals-wise and still be proud of it. Things are that bad for them.

They're not perpetrating these cheats, spreading lies and misinformation because they want to, it's because they have to in order to survive the rising tide of demographics that they've positioned themselves to swim against.

Reactions: cytg111

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I still do not understand how anyone can watch Foxnews and i am Republican.

Every now and again I'll tune in during the day to listen to what they are saying. I'd say every now and again there may be a reasonable opinion on something, but nothing after 3:00 pm CST I have heard is worth a shit. I have relatives that watch those ijits like Tucker and Hannity, and to watch them nod their heads when they agree with the obvious bullshit is mystifying. I guess when you grew up on Rush Limbaugh and that ilk it becomes a part of you.

Reactions: cytg111

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Crazy shit

Like we don’t know if any top secret information was discussed, but the orange monkey should be charged with treason to share information to anyone without proper security clearance.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Every now and again I'll tune in during the day to listen to what they are saying. I'd say every now and again there may be a reasonable opinion on something, but nothing after 3:00 pm CST I have heard is worth a shit. I have relatives that watch those ijits like Tucker and Hannity, and to watch them nod their heads when they agree with the obvious bullshit is mystifying. I guess when you grew up on Rush Limbaugh and that ilk it becomes a part of you.
The Rupert mind fuck.