How much money would it take...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
100000 - 500000 for a stranger

$50 for a career criminal/murderer/rapist/child molester, more if it's a minor crime.

I wouldn't kill a friend for any amount of money.

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
If you are murdering for wealth, then you are murdering for the wrong reason. Murder is supposed to be about honor and duty, and the things that come along with it, such as wealth. :p

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
my heart says i would never kill anyone (not even a criminal) but i'm sure there is a selling point...
if i were to get away scott free it wouldnt take a whole lot of money. a couple million dollars could set me for life and my family. sure i would have to live with the guilt for life but my family would be better off because of it.

honestly though i dont think i could kill someone unless they were about to kill me or someone i know

DangerAardvark

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Journer
my heart says i would never kill anyone (not even a criminal) but i'm sure there is a selling point...
if i were to get away scott free it wouldnt take a whole lot of money. a couple million dollars could set me for life and my family. sure i would have to live with the guilt for life but my family would be better off because of it.

honestly though i dont think i could kill someone unless they were about to kill me or someone i know

I was thinking about that too. Kill a scumbag who "deserves" to die anyway, and you're financially set for life. That's a pretty tempting offer.

Ultimately though, no one who considers themselves moral in any way could take it upon themselves to execute someone in cold blood. It's not my job, and it's not my right.

One caveat of course: if they had done something to me or my family I might be pushed to make an exception. But I wouldn't be silly enough think that it was justified, even in those extenuating circumstances.

uli2000

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2006
I would never kill, especially for money. But I could do it if someone hurt someone I loved, though it would be out of rage, wouldnt be premeditated or anything.

ShadowOfMyself

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2006
Well, I think anything over a million would do, but Im not sure how it feels to live knowing youve killed a person... so it might not be as easy

Kirby

Lifer
Apr 10, 2006
Assuming the criminal was tried, convicted, and sentenced the death penalty, I'd pay to kill em.

Mxylplyx

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2007
Perhaps you people should expand on the word criminal. We talking violent crimes, people who commit check fraud, the hippie down the street that got busted with a pot plant in his basement?

mh47g

May 25, 2007
I don't think I have it in me to kill anyone unless they're trying to kill me. Even then I don't know if I could do it. Now if it was my child or my wife being threatened that's a different story.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
put it like this.......if someone was going to kill me, my friends or family over $0.25 thats all it would take for me to kill them first.

HammerCurl

Apr 3, 2007
Probably would be more about revenge than anything. Theres better ways to make money, and I think I'd feel pretty fugged up about it. I mean if I had absolute knowledge that a person was a complete waste/drain on society then sure, but just being a criminal doesn't take the cake. No on strangers, no on friends, unless it was like a life or death situation for myself already

PepePeru

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2005
how much did OJ spend on lawyers to get off his double murder rap?

divide that in half.

then a 25% markup.

that is your answer.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
I'd blow some one away who busted into my house no question...but I can't just murder an innocent stranger like that. I don't even think I could kill the criminal. Fuck, I feel a little bad when I murder people for the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion and they aren't even real!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
I couldn't kill another person unless they put me in a "kill or be killed" position....then I wouldn't hesitate about it in the least.

So money isn't the issue.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
When my friends worked at the Brentwood Plaza Pizza Hut circa 2000, there was a dishwasher named Sergio who offered to kill anyone non-government for 10 grand. This was a serious offer, not some lame joke...kinda freaked me out.