how much do computer techs make

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

<< When I get my CCNP I better be at least high 5 figures if not low 6. >>

rofl, i hope your not serious.

Jgtdragon

Diamond Member
May 15, 2000
Hmmm.. The IT department in my company starts out at $20 compare to Account department which starts at $13.

$47/hr??? I am under paid! Time is tough to look for a raise. :(

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I presumed the poster was asking about computer or PC technicians, as in CompTIA A+, Level I, II or III, not system administrators or engineers, IT professionals (which a PC technician isn't generally considered an IT professional), database engineers, etc. Computer or PC technicians are entry-level folks.

ShadowHunter

Banned
Aug 27, 2001

<< *cough* your getting bent over *cough* >>

<< Umm unless its your and your buddy and you are the network guy of 2 pcs and a geocities web site you are getting boned hard. >>

<< LOL. No offence, but I think your dumb for taking that much responsibility for that little cash. >>

1) I'm only 16 with minimal experience (at least at the time of hiring anyway)

2) It's a fairly small company, so my work is important, but for a company of only 20 employees IT isn't the priority.

3) I only work part-time

4) Altho the pay may be low, I get loads of freedom. Choose my own hours that sort of thing.

All in all it ain't bad, but I think closer to the $10 an hour range would be more accurate. Most of my network admin buddies make 2 and 3 times what I make. I am alot more then a glorified help-desk guy, just so you know. My boss is really willing to let me use what I know and use it the way I want, and not just tell me how he wants it done; so yes it is alot of responsibility.

What kind of tech makes 40 bux an hour anyway?

EDIT: Just so you know I'm not a "you and your buddy w/ geocities site", here's my company page. Let me know what you think of it. Link

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

<< When I get my CCNP I better be at least high 5 figures if not low 6. >>

LOL! Such a statement can only be responded to in the voice of Lumberg (sp?) from Office Space: Ummmm, yeeeeeeeeeaaaah, I'm going to have to go with no, on that one? Yeeeeeeah.