How messed up are these t-shirts?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: Jschmuck2
It's a shame there are no funny conservatives. Wit escapes them.

...probably because humor requires some creativity which they also lack.

Jschmuck2

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2005
Like I said in the Digg link - how can a RATIONAL conservative person look at this and be disappointed that these people have infected their party?

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: Pepsei
Originally posted by: shira
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Jesus can beat up Allah.

Um, Jesus IS Allah.

isn't Allah= the same god who's son is Jesus?

According to Christian belief, God manifests as three persons, one of which is the Son, Jesus. Thus, Jesus is God. And Allah is God. And since the God of the Muslims is the same as the God of the Christians, Allah = Jesus.

Feb 16, 2005
what a sad group of individuals, how tiny the soul must be to have to wear or make any of those shirts.

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Like I said in the Digg link - how can a RATIONAL conservative person look at this and be disappointed that these people have infected their party?

How can a RATIONAL democrat look at ELF, PETA, and opinions on sites like DU, and not be disappointed that they hijack the Democratic party as thier own?

Unfortunatly, you have to align yourself with 1 of 2 parties in this country if you want to have any influence at all.

Feb 6, 2007
Originally posted by: Sinsear
Jesus can beat up Allah.

If all you took from the Bible was that Jesus would physically fight anybody (any deity?), then I think his teachings have completely escaped you. Maybe you should find the Cliff's Notes.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Rainsford
This is one of the benefits of free speech. Yup, that's right, shirts like these are GOOD. You know why? Because they help identify the complete morons out there without having to do a lot of work. Making or buying these shirts is like stamping "I'm a huge assclown" on your forehead.

I don't know, I don't really have a problem with T-shirts one way or another. If it says something stupid, that just reflects on the person wearing it. See Che shirts for an example to go alongside with some of the dumber conservative shirts referred to.

I mean, this is frickin' hilarious. I laugh everytime I look at it.

I've got a "What Would MacGyver Do?" shirt . . . always good for a laugh or two when I wear it out. Not to mention my ofifcial View Askew "I'm not even supposed to be here today" shirt. :D

DarrelSPowers

Jul 9, 2008
My dad once told me something about T-shirts with slogans on them, and I'll never forget it.

"If someone needs to wear an opinion on a t-shirt, they generally aren't smart or witty enough to come up with anything on their own."

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: blackangst1
aawww dont like free speech.

Although I would definitely classify it as hate speech, and as a Christian am ashamed of it, it IS protected.

And I dont see where its a McCain shirt. Nice try though.

er, the anti-obamism is tied directly to extremist christians. would it not be embarrassing to your political party? I don't know what happened, but the repubs letting these asshats entrench themselves so deep into their party, and continue to do so, is an absolute travesty.

Why aren't there more in the party coming out to denounce this? is it considered an "overall good?"

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: HomerJS
Obviously free speech and pathetic can exist in the same room.

This isnt anything new. Just like, if I wanted, which I dont, I can call an african american a n***** or a gay person a qu***

Theres a downside to freedom. But the alternative is worse.

It has yet to be proven that spouting hate can be a good thing for a free society. There are plenty of examples showing how it is not...

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000
Originally posted by: zinfamous

This isnt anything new. Just like, if I wanted, which I dont, I can call an african american a n***** or a gay person a qu***

It has yet to be proven that spouting hate can be a good thing for a free society. There are plenty of examples showing how it is not...

If you want government deciding what "hate" is, the UK is the place to be.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Ocguy31

How can a RATIONAL democrat look at ELF, PETA, and opinions on sites like DU, and not be disappointed that they hijack the Democratic party as thier own?

Unfortunatly, you have to align yourself with 1 of 2 parties in this country if you want to have any influence at all.

touche.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

You don't think there's a clear enough understanding of hate?

OCGuy

Lifer
Jul 12, 2000

You don't think there's a clear enough understanding of hate?

Nope. Once we give the government the power to decide what we can and cant say, we have lost. It is only a matter of time before it gets abused.

I personally wouldnt trust any government on this planet to make those decisions.