How many times have you contiplated suicide?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Crystal Bay

Oct 9, 1999
I had the S&W model 29 pointed @ my temple about 2 months ago...:( lost 15k in the tech wreck...the devil girl wrecked my 2001 frontier ("Nobodys fault but mine"...L.Z.)spent 25 k on the devil and got hooked on rok... "Nobodys fault but mine" L.. Z.....I am finally starting to snap out of ...I hope...

gooseman

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
Not even once. I just plain and simply can not imagine that anything in my life, and there have been some damn hard times, could warrant taking the chicken sh!t way out. If nothing else, think of what it would do to those around you who care for you. For the rest of their lives they would be wondering "was it something I did, something I said, or was there someway I could have prevented it" Suicide is for pu$$ies!!!

EvanFerguson

Banned
May 14, 2001
hmmmm, the last 8 yrs of my life

i used to think when i turned 16 then i'd be old enough to rent a gun and buy 1 bullet

why pay full price to use a gun only once?!

(and ya, i know you gotta be 21, i was too young at the time to realize the correct age for guns)

wilki24

Feb 27, 2001
I knew a guy who hung himself when he was 28. Pretty sad thing too. Mostly, I just felt like kicking him in the face because of what he selfishly did to his family. Then there was an ex-roomate of mine, 22, who got into heavy drug use and also hung himself, but did it in front of his g/f and a bunch of his Army buddies. I'd like to kick the living $#%@ out of him too. But, they're both already dead, so maybe that's just me being insensitive.

Personally, I think I thought about it once when some stupid girl had broken up with me. I was 18 or 19. Looking back on it now, I'm ashamed. How utterly unimportant was that girl in my overall life!!?? I can't imagine anything now being bad enough for me to do it. Maybe overwhelming physcial pain from an accident or something of that nature, but emotionally? Hell no... I'd could be forced to live in a box on the streets and still not think of it. There's just too much to see and experience in this world.

Just my .02

Copperman

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2000
I have never contiplated it. I am 30 years old and
always had a decent life nothing to complain about....

Know a guy who works for a man one of his sons killed himself
4 years ago and then a couple of weeks ago his other son did it......

It is a sad thing

Cliff

CarpeDeo

Golden Member
Feb 10, 2000
I've never "contemplated" it . . . but I've thought about death. But then again, who hasn't thought about death?

Donuts

Mar 22, 2000
I have never come within a hundred miles of thinking about it. I feel for those who do but I don't understand it at all.

Demon-Xanth

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Honestly: Probably about an average of one day in every 12. Don't always know why. Been like this since I was 10 and have never had the balls to do the job. I'm always scared that I'll screw it up.

TripleJ

Platinum Member
Apr 29, 2001
Geez, if everybody did what they thought, there'd be about 5 people on this forum.

I have thought about it, but not seriously, just a line of thought getting carried away.

When I do think about it I think, "You're weak, you can't even stick it out!". How bad your life is is only relative. I've got a roof over my head, and food to eat, heck, I'm sitting in front of an amazing peice of technology, so why should I be complaining!? I'm very lucky which ever way I look at it.

NateSLC

Feb 28, 2001
Countless times when I was younger...

Almost did it a couple times, but Ibuprofen doesn't work very well. After that, I thought harder about the implications.

My mother committed suicide and succeeded. I was only 1. My dad blames himself and has been a mess ever since.

Moral of the story... Don't.

Nate

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Never, I love myself to much and there ain't anybody or anything in this world worth killing myself over. Damn that.

maxcom

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2000
I'm sure the thought of giving my ex that much pleasure has kept it from my mind:cool:

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Not ever!

I went through some(what I thought then were) bad times when I was 17-18 years old.
Thought about signing on a tramp steamer and starting over in South America, but I'd be damned if I'd kill myself over work. school or a woman.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
I've contemplated it before...but death seriously scares me...I have no idea what's going to happen after I die and I don't want to know....I just can't imagine...seriously for any of you thinking about it...no matter how bad life may be...ask yourself if you're ready to move on to a new existence... I love life too much

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
I've only seriously thought about it once, but that was after a hard situation.

Maybe once or twice where it wasn't a serious thing, but more curiosity than anything.

optimistic

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
Don't let my name fool you. I can relate more to the blue headed character I chose as my icon:(