How many car bombs and suicide bombers attacked Iraq BEFORE we invaded?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Interesting, although highly irrelevent question.
I don't think we would ever know if there were any attacks since Saddam kept such a tight control on information.
Although I doubt there were any, or maybe a few.

I guess the lesson is that we should use Saddam's tactics and start shooting people on site, gas anyone who opposes us and go door to door and put anyone in jail that we even remotely "feel" is a threat. I am sure a major Saddam like crackdown would end the resistance fight, of course it might result in the deaths of thousands of people, but at least there would be no more car bombs right?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I don't think we would ever know if there were any attacks since Saddam kept such a tight control on information.

I guess the lesson is that we should use Saddam's tactics and start shooting people on site, gas anyone who opposes us and go door to door and put anyone in jail that we even remotely "feel" is a threat. I am sure a major Saddam like crackdown would end the resistance fight, of course it might result in the deaths of thousands of people, but at least there would be no more car bombs right?

Gee.. maybe we shouldn't have played big bully and attacked a country and people who had NOTHING to do with 9/11

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: dahunan

Gee.. maybe we shouldn't have played big bully and attacked a country and people who had NOTHING to do with 9/11

Maybe you should learn to formulate an argument, stop wasting bandwidth by asking random and irrelavant questions, and stop bitching about the same things over and over and over...

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006

GOD! You are so sarcastic!:Q Our troops have done all that, but I guess they don't have the Saddam technique quite right yet?:lips: Still got the car bombs.;)

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: WHAMPOM

GOD! You are so sarcastic!:Q Our troops have done all that, but I guess they don't have the Saddam technique quite right yet?:lips: Still got the car bombs.;)

You're just wrong. While some bad apples did some crazy things like any army it was not sacntioned or ordered by the brass. What I hear from people I trust on the ground is enormous restraint, almost suicidal IMO. For example one time my brother in laws patrol was fired upon by someone in a crowd of about 200 iraqis, they hit two soldiers, now I would have wasted the whole crowd and Saddam would have too. But they showed tremendous disapline by not firing back. They just dispersed and searched hostile crowd to no avail never found shooter..

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: ntdz

Maybe you should learn to formulate an argument, stop wasting bandwidth by asking random and irrelavant questions, and stop bitching about the same things over and over and over...

You find it irrelevant because you like killing people who never harmed you..

Make a CHOICE to stay away from any thread I make in the future and you will not be harmed by reality

Davan

Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Zebo

You're just wrong. While some bad apples did some crazy things like any army it was not sacntioned or ordered by the brass. What I hear from people I trust on the ground is enormous restraint, almost suicidal IMO. For example one time my brother in laws patrol was fired upon by someone in a crowd of about 200 iraqis, they hit two soldiers, now I would have wasted the whole crowd and Saddam would have too. But they showed tremendous disapline by not firing back. They just dispersed and searched hostile crowd to no avail never found shooter..

Pieces of garbage like WHAMPON would say that they were pussies for not shooting, and murderers if they did. Typical kid behind a computer screen.

Davan

Oct 28, 2005
Make a CHOICE to stay away from any thread I make in the future and you will not be harmed by reality

If theres one thing youre not qualified to comment on, its reality.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Davan
Originally posted by: Zebo

Pieces of garbage like WHAMPON would say that they were pussies for not shooting, and murderers if they did. Typical kid behind a computer screen.

Imagine situations like this day in day out.. It's an enormous pressure cooker not knowing who's freind or foe.. not getting your man most of the time..not knowing when the next bomb goes off or sniper lays a beed on you.. This is why even the soldiers who do so-called "cross the line" i think we should forgive... some crack under such psychological pressure. Liberals, for all thier preported understanding of the of human condition never will forgive or excuse. In fact they'lll spit on all of them.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: Davan

If theres one thing youre not qualified to comment on, its reality.

Bush voter?

Anyhow, good to see your rambling in this thread has something to do with the subject??

What is the subject?

Can you answer the question or try to?

Do you know why the thread was created?

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004

I like killing people who never harmed me....that's about the worst thing you could say about someone. I guess I'm a murderer even though I've never harmed so much as a dog in my life.

Tell me again why you made this thread and what the point of it is? Do you just like to ask rhetorical questions?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

whose reality?? you warped senses of reality???

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

I like killing people who never harmed me....that's about the worst thing you could say about someone. I guess I'm a murderer even though I've never harmed so much as a dog in my life.

Tell me again why you made this thread and what the point of it is? Do you just like to ask rhetorical questions?

don't tell me my feelings and beliefs are irrelevant and trivial and I won't tell you that I think you are one of the people who still think Saddam and Osama planned 9/11 together.

If you can't figure out why someone makes a thread then THINK LONGER instead of talking trash to them

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004

don't tell me my feelings and beliefs are irrelevant and trivial and I won't tell you that I think you are one of the people who still think Saddam and Osama planned 9/11 together.

If you can't figure out why someone makes a thread then THINK LONGER instead of talking trash to them

I know why you created the thread, I just wanted to hear you say it yourself, which you won't do because you realize how redundant and played out that argument is. I never said your beliefs and feelings are irrelavant (once again putting words into peoples mouth), I just said that you don't need to create a new thread to tell everyone your beliefs for the 300th time.

BTW, I never though Saddam was involved in 9/11. You have some real issues with stereotyping, you might wanna tone it down.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Wouldn't be surprised if the Kurds used car bombs or something similar, but I dunno due to lack of info. Even if they did I doubt it was close to the amount being used these days.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
1) We have no way of knowing - Saddam controlled the media access.

2) Had anything been tried, Saddam's army/guards would (as shown mulitple times) gone after the family of the culprits. That seems to have some deterrents in the culture as well as ours. Results of uprisings were shown to be qwelled quickly.

3) There were killings were done before Saddam was able to consolidate his power. How do you think he gained power, free elections? Saddam was no angel, he just ruled with an iron fist and had no qualms about imposing his rule.

Iraq is now choosing to have a civil war; let them. Saddam in control just postponed the inevitable that he started.

We had our civil war and it killed a large amount of our young population also.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006

Spoken like a true Republican

There is no doubt and it would be stupid to say that violence in Iraq hasen't changed before and after we had invaded. There has always been violence in Iraq, However we escaladed it and increased it's frequency since we have came in.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com

I think far more Iraqis died from US sanctions than anything. Mostly children. Economic disasters are much more devastating that even most wars. Look @ Stalin. Hitler is held up as the worst dictator in history, but only a fraction died @ the result of his actions compared to Stalin.

"Early researchers of the number killed by Stalin's regime were forced to rely largely upon anecdotal evidence, and their estimates range as high as 60 million."

Source

"Professor" saying the # of suicide/car bombings before the US invaded is irrelevent is like saying the # of Jews that died BEFORE WW2 is irrelevent.

Do you really think the US occupiers are totally humane to the civilans there? I am not even going to give examples because if you don't know then you shouldn't even be a part of this thread.

KlokWyze

Diamond Member
Sep 7, 2006
www.dogsonacid.com
Originally posted by: ZeboImagine situations like this day in day out.. It's an enormous pressure cooker not knowing who's freind or foe.. not getting your man most of the time..not knowing when the next bomb goes off or sniper lays a beed on you.. This is why even the soldiers who do so-called "cross the line" i think we should forgive... some crack under such psychological pressure. Liberals, for all thier preported understanding of the of human condition never will forgive or excuse. In fact they'lll spit on all of them.

Excellent point.

This begs the question: Why are we over there anyway? It is such an impossible situation to bring about ANYTHING @ ALL REMOTELY POSITIVE. The occupation is immoral, unjust and unwarranted in the eyes of the world.

We INVADED them. What do you guys think was going to happen? If foreigners come into your home, kill your children, build bases in your backyard and claim they are fighting for your freedom.... well lets just say thats not a very good way to make freinds.

Very puzzling that people even defend these actions. I am ashamed to be an American, but I will do my best spread truth and understanding of the whole situation.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001

Actually, the UN and quite a few other NGOs were operating throughout Iraq . . . from food to vaccination programs. All were interrupted by Bush War 2003 and then had difficulty resuming during the next two years of pure chaos.

Further, aside from areas controlled by the Kurds (where the Al Qaeda terrorists could have been eliminated at any time if BUSH wanted) people that would carry out such attacks were already captured and being tortured by Saddam.

In essence, the car bomb and suicide bomb attacks are a product of regime change and poor post-conflict planning by the Bushistas. Accordingly, it's quite relevant since it highlights the failures of a regime that keeps saying, "trust us . . . we know what we're doing."

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: KlokWyze
Originally posted by: ZeboImagine situations like this day in day out.. It's an enormous pressure cooker not knowing who's freind or foe.. not getting your man most of the time..not knowing when the next bomb goes off or sniper lays a beed on you.. This is why even the soldiers who do so-called "cross the line" i think we should forgive... some crack under such psychological pressure. Liberals, for all thier preported understanding of the of human condition never will forgive or excuse. In fact they'lll spit on all of them.

Excellent point.

This begs the question: Why are we over there anyway? It is such an impossible situation to bring about ANYTHING @ ALL REMOTELY POSITIVE. The occupation is immoral, unjust and unwarranted in the eyes of the world.

We INVADED them. What do you guys think was going to happen? If foreigners come into your home, kill your children, build bases in your backyard and claim they are fighting for your freedom.... well lets just say thats not a very good way to make freinds.

Very puzzling that people even defend these actions. I am ashamed to be an American, but I will do my best spread truth and understanding of the whole situation.

Your preaching to the choir brother..:)

But blame goes to the top, not those who are subjected to such conditions - under threat of jail or violence I might add - the soldiers.