How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 221 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
My idiot niece just had to go to the beach so she took her 2 year old, her boyfriend and my other niece to Florida. They just got back on Friday. This type of selfish behavior that is the main reason we have community spread covid in our WV county.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
COVID is no big deal for kids right? We have had more than one member here make that assertion.

I think it's fair to say that the severity curve is apparently lower with children. The notion that they won't catch it or spread it around is, was, and always will be absurd. Covid DGAF. It's a mindless thing that will multiply in any human mucus membrane cell it encounters.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I'm old enough that I remember the polio epidemic, before the polio vaccine. Polio or infantile paralysis primarily effected children. In 1952 alone, nearly 60,000 children were infected with the virus; thousands were paralyzed, and more than 3,000 died. Hospitals set up special units with iron lung machines to keep polio victims alive. Sound familiar, except this wasn't grandma or grandpa, but kids, and people paid attention. The widespread vaccine didn't come till 1955.

It had to be absolutely terrifying for our parents. Seems every kids parents had a different method of dealing with it. Mary's mother believed a 1 hour nap in the afternoon helped, and we quickly learned not to be around her house at 2 in the afternoon, as she would throw every kid she could corral into a bed for an hour. This was before being thrown in bed with a girl was seen as a good thing.

I guess our parents did their best to really keep how fucking scared they were from us, but 60+ years later I still remember it.

I'm tRumps age, within a few month, and I bet he doesn't even know what polio is...

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I think it's fair to say that the severity curve is apparently lower with children. The notion that they won't catch it or spread it around is, was, and always will be absurd. Covid DGAF. It's a mindless thing that will multiply in any human mucus membrane cell it encounters.
The question of reopening schools has always been about how many adults and children in those buildings are we willing to kill so the schools can reopen.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I can't understand how everyone around Donald is testing positive yet Donald does not.... or so he says. Can't Robert O’Brien give Donald a big wet kiss on the lips? Obviously, there is no transmission mouth to anal. Robert, you were right.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
He’s at it again: Also back at blasting Fauci...

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

Reporters should be fucking fired if they talk about Trump's "new tone". There is no new tone just small legths of time where the people around him convince him not to appear like the stupid lunatic he is. It's always clearly forced and it's not like it is even hard to tell that it is happening. Reversion to true form is absolute.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002
Would he admit it if he tested positive ?

I can't understand how everyone around Donald is testing positive yet Donald does not.... or so he says. Can't Robert O’Brien give Donald a big wet kiss on the lips? Obviously, there is no transmission mouth to anal. Robert, you were right.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Would he admit it if he tested positive ?
Probably not, but he is old enough and in poor enough health that if he got it he would probably have to be hospitalized, even if just as a precaution, and that would be hard to hide.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I'm actually surprised he hasn't boasted about his natural immunity due to his superior genes.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Never mind that Dr Immanuel is a certifiable nut case-

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I just learned about this recently.
The presence of the COVID-19 coronavirus in stool samples for up to weeks after infection— in fact, sometimes you can have a negative throat swab, but a positive anal swab––suggests…another way toilets may potentially transmit infection. As you may remember from my why-you-need-to-disinfect-your-toothbrush-with-white-vinegar video, modern flush toilets aerosolize a plume of up to 145,000 droplets of toilet water into the air, which can remain floating around for at least thirty minutes. This may be one of the ways poliovirus is transmitted…. So, “Put a lid on it.” Close the lid before you flush and then, of course, thoroughly wash your hands.

The presence of the coronavirus in feces is also why the Oregon State health authority recommended people press pause on their peach emoji, and why the New York Post asked if coronavirus could be spread through farts, suggesting flatulence may be an aerosol-generating procedure, something I was surprised to see was actually put to the test. “It all started with an enquiry from a nurse.” She wanted to know if she was contaminating the sterile environment of the operating room. Investigators were determined to find out. A colleague was asked to toot onto two petri dishes, either fully clothed or with trousers down. And…only the bare-bottom fart sprouted bacteria, suggesting that clothing acts as a filter. Pants are like a mask for your butt; both for the gut bacteria and the splatter ring they found of skin bacteria thought to be blown from the cheeks by the sheer velocity of it all. Their final conclusion? “Don’t fart naked near food,” or at least within two inches of food. Similar advice was given in the New York Post piece, advising people to throw caution to the…wind. A whole ’nother meaning to silent but deadly.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I just learned about this recently.

That's highly inaccurate. The presence of viral RNA in a stool sample does not indicate the presence of live viruses. It just indicates that there have been live viruses in that particular human. Farts obviously have live gut bacteria.

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
Looks like the Governor of Florida wants to open up nursing homes. This boggles the mind. Is he this ill equipped mentally? Amazing.

Edit: 191 deaths reported. Only 1/3 are in nursing homes. We cannot test people in time, but we test all visitors to a nursing home for the virus as isolation has its costs.

you2

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2002

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Maybe he figures if he is going to kill off everyone he might as well let them have visitors first ?

At least he's talking about doing so in context of getting rapid tests in 15 minutes. I don't know how to estimate the risk of such a plan. Of course, if Florida has the infrastructure to do that for people simply visiting a loved one in an ALF, then they are way ahead of the world. Or maybe he assumes because the test exists everyone will have instantaneous access to it and will take on responsibility all by themselves.

Part of me thinks he's looking at the cost that Medicaid shells out for folks to live in nursing homes...

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Saw someone on FB say kids were more.likely to die from a lightning strike than covid. Yeah, genius, we don't send our kids out to play in thunderstorms either.

It may also literally be untrue. According to National Geographic, about 2K people die from lightning strikes per year, in the whole world. Of which, I doubt more than 20% are children. Of which, I doubt more than 10% are American children. So maybe 50-100 children per year die of lightning strikes in the US. Since COVID deaths are said to be about .2% children, I think we've already surpassed lightning strikes.

Last edited:

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Looks like the Governor of Florida wants to open up nursing homes. This boggles the mind. Is he this ill equipped mentally? Amazing.

Edit: 191 deaths reported. Only 1/3 are in nursing homes. We cannot test people in time, but we test all visitors to a nursing home for the virus as isolation has its costs.
The county I live in (Kitsap) is just now experiencing the largest spike of COVID cases in the state (Washington) , and according to the local news, a large chunk of it is that it got loose in some nursing care facility(s) without any further details. Things were really quiet here. You cannot let your guard up with this virus, ever.