How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 196 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
Look at this fine specimen.

This is part of why the pandemic is out of control in the US and going so poorly. Trump is so bonkers he's made it a culture war and point of pride to put your life, and everyone else's, at risk. This fucking moron pulls his gun out because he doesn't want to wear a mask.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

This is part of why the pandemic is out of control in the US and going so poorly. Trump is so bonkers he's made it a culture war and point of pride to put your life, and everyone else's, at risk. This fucking moron pulls his gun out because he doesn't want to wear a mask.

"And I’m like, your gun’s not going to kill coronavirus, now get the hell out of here."

That was worth the read just for that line.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Damn I miss the place, used to live literally a block away, best damn bbq breakfast around. Michigan is shit for BBQ.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
I mean it's unusual for a WH to campaign against itself but ok

I’m disappointed in Tim Cook for being involved in anything remotely tied to the Trumps.

It’s actually not that bad a message—especially for retail employees whose jobs are likely never coming back. But if a Democrat ever told the unemployed to “find something new” (like Obama told coal miners) Fox News tanking heads would be railing against it non stop.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I’m disappointed in Tim Cook for being involved in anything remotely tied to the Trumps.

It’s actually not that bad a message—especially for retail employees whose jobs are likely never coming back. But if a Democrat ever told the unemployed to “find something new” (like Obama told coal miners) Fox News tanking heads would be railing against it non stop.

There was even a plan to provide gubbermint assistance to help transition to renewables job market.

Trump may have a campaign, but what's the actual plan.

Reactions: cytg111

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
There was even a plan to provide gubbermint assistance to help transition to renewables job market.

Trump may have a campaign, but what's the actual plan.
But to get those jobs they would have to move out of coal country. Coal country isn’t exactly a renewables hot bed.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003

My issues are multifold with this

1) Horrible messengers. Bunch of silver spooners talking about moving on like the country is some rich divorcee looking for a gig to while away the hours.

2) Where is the money? School costs money. Learning trades takes years and you have to get trained (money again). Then you need to have jobs to actually put these people into employment when the country is set to pull back for years on all sort of labor spending. No stimulus = a lot less jobs.

3) This is a campaign for after you have dealt with the deadly virus threat that has crippled the economy (in large part because of the WH's ongoing mismanagement).

A tidal wave of small biz failures is sweeping the nation and will soon extend to large corps with mass permanent layoffs.

These motherfuckers are handing people a thimble and a couple kind words to bail out the Titanic.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
My issues are multifold with this

1) Horrible messengers. Bunch of silver spooners talking about moving on like the country is some rich divorcee looking for a gig to while away the hours.

2) Where is the money? School costs money. Learning trades takes years and you have to get trained (money again). Then you need to have jobs to actually put these people into employment when the country is set to pull back for years on all sort of labor spending. No stimulus = a lot less jobs.

3) This is a campaign for after you have dealt with the deadly virus threat that has crippled the economy (in large part because of the WH's ongoing mismanagement).

A tidal wave of small biz failures is sweeping the nation and will soon extend to large corps with mass permanent layoffs.

These motherfuckers are handing people a thimble and a couple kind words to bail out the Titanic.

Yeah it’s extremely poor timing. This campaign had nothing to do with the pandemic. The ideas behind the campaign are sound but timing is bad messaging.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Well Florida broke it's daily death record with 132, the day isn't over yet, and that's with them cooking their numbers by not counting "probable" Covid related deaths.

Way to go DeSantis, keep on keeping on the Trumpster way!

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Well Florida broke it's daily death record with 132, the day isn't over yet, and that's with them cooking their numbers by not counting "probable" Covid related deaths.

Way to go DeSantis, keep on keeping on the Trumpster way!
I believe Florida does a daily data dump each day so that number will not change. Probably let's DeSantis cook the numbers before they are pushed out.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
But to get those jobs they would have to move out of coal country. Coal country isn’t exactly a renewables hot bed.

There's no reason it couldn't be. A president with leadership skills who has a plan (such as the one below) and the ability to hire competent people to implement it could make it happen.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Texas plans to reopen schools in August will create massive super spreader events.

Districts aren’t going to require students to wear masks. They aren’t going to be social distancing. They aren’t going to contract trace if a student tests postive for Covid. IE: the classroom will continue on unknowing that they have been exposed. Teachers aren’t going to be notified they have been exposed to Covid because a student in their class has tested positive Because they won’t be told a student was positive. They won’t know to get tested because of possible exposure.

This will be an epic disaster if the state continues on this path.

well, I guess that's one way to take care of the Texas problem.