How many Americans deaths will Trump be directly responsible for due to COVID-45

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

How many American will die due COVID-19 due to Trumps incompetence/indiference?

• 1,000,000+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Starting (or adding to) a panic situation is a risk also. It’s a fine line to walk between not conveying the severity of the situation and urging people to take the appropriate steps, and causing stampedes. Unfortunately Trump is not the person who I’d want to have to figure out where that line is and walk it, but we have to play the cards we’re dealt.

Which means we don't want to put up with him any longer than necessary. America took a chance on Trump. It's not working out.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
I dont get it? Trump is also not responsible for cherry coke, he is however responsible for things within his reach of influence regarding ....ARE YOU SHITTING MY BUCKY??? what the fuck....
Trump is politicizing an economy he didnt buld. And yea your response is VERY different... Turn on your TV and watch Trump. There. Done. Why are you still speaking?
lol

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
S Korea is testing 10k / day, Italy has quarantined a dozen towns, China quarantines an entire province. Yes, our response is very different. I don't care who is to blame, we can figure that out after the fact. We need to stop treating this like it doesn't matter. The absolutely pathetic amount of testing we have done is putting our healthcare workers and their families at risk.
And yet despite all those measures, it is still spreading. Even countries like Germany and Sweden are unable to contain it.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Most of the people out spreading the virus are completely oblivious to that fact and they still have no easy access to testing.

I have never in my life been tested for a flu.

I wonder how many others are in the same boat. It's a foreign concept many people won't even consider.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Trump blasted for overruling health officials on coronavirus warning for seniors: ‘It’s sociopathic and dangerous’

The Associated Press issued a bombshell report on Saturday evening that the White House had overruled public health officials on whether to issue a coronavirus warning to America’s seniors.

“The White House overruled health officials who wanted to recommend that elderly and physically fragile Americans be advised not to fly on commercial airlines because of the new coronavirus, a federal official told The Associated Press. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention submitted the plan this week as a way of trying to control the virus, but White House officials ordered the air travel recommendation be removed, said the official who had direct knowledge of the plan,” the AP reported.

link to the full report

Trump's moronic attempt to spin and run damage control is only going to make things worse as time wears on.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Trump blasted for overruling health officials on coronavirus warning for seniors: ‘It’s sociopathic and dangerous’

The Associated Press issued a bombshell report on Saturday evening that the White House had overruled public health officials on whether to issue a coronavirus warning to America’s seniors.

“The White House overruled health officials who wanted to recommend that elderly and physically fragile Americans be advised not to fly on commercial airlines because of the new coronavirus, a federal official told The Associated Press. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention submitted the plan this week as a way of trying to control the virus, but White House officials ordered the air travel recommendation be removed, said the official who had direct knowledge of the plan,” the AP reported.

link to the full report

Trump's moronic attempt to spin and run damage control is only going to make things worse as time wears on.
Selfish motherfucker. This is what we have from someone who just cannot think of anyone but himself/reelection.
I hope all the news services get that CDC message out to the seniors who need to hear it.

On another note:
Put that on the ads for the Dems.
Pretty much will guarantee that the lard ass cheeto, will lose Florida in the election.

Jan 25, 2011

link to the full report

And the moronic faithful will praise him for stopping the media from spreading panic. And more will die. These mother fuckers would rather Americans die than admit there’s anything wrong.

Fuck them all

Jan 25, 2011
And I’m seeing multiple stories of them refusing to run tests on people. The first confirmed case in Kentucky was symptomatic but the Kentucky department for public health refused to test her. Fortunately the hospital isolated them anyway.

Another woman came back from South Korea with what doctors believe is COVID19 and the department of health won’t test her. Say she wasn’t there long enough. The chief of staff of GWU hospital tried to convince them and they still refuse.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
I am now starting to lean more towards 1,000,000 dead. I think this is going to overwhelm our public health system and hospital system, and we are going to have high infectivity and high mortality. Eventually we are simply going to run out of hospital beds and equipment. We have hospital beds for one out of a thousand people, and this is going to well exceed that, plus will knock out medical staff from infection or pure exhaustion, and we are so reliant on other countries for medical supplies that a global pandemic means we will be in deep trouble if those countries hoard those supplies for their own citizens, as they should.

Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
And yet despite all those measures, it is still spreading. Even countries like Germany and Sweden are unable to contain it.

So what? Slowing it down & reducing the rate of infection are worthwhile endeavors given the high mortality of the most vulnerable people.

And I'm sure the ongoing fucking of the Iranians will really help with that. You betcha.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
We have to slow down the rate of infection, so that the number of new critically ill patients at any given time can be managed by the health care system. Even if total number of people who get sick is same, there is going to be a big difference in survival rate if a lot of them get sick at close to same time compared to if it's more spaced out over several months. I am not even going to bring up public health being able to track down contacts in time, because I think that cat is out of the bag now.

• Love
Reactions: DarthKyrie and Muse
Jan 25, 2011
We have to slow down the rate of infection, so that the number of new critically ill patients at any given time can be managed by the health care system. Even if total number of people who get sick is same, there is going to be a big difference in survival rate if a lot of them get sick at close to same time compared to if it's more spaced out over several months. I am not even going to bring up public health being able to track down contacts in time, because I think that cat is out of the bag now.
At this point in China they were building new hospitals to isolate anyone they could. the U.S. can’t accommodate this type of outbreaks. theres something like 65000 ventilators in use at any given time and like 11,000 in reserve.

The U.S. won’t even test people. Then there’s the people who won’t get help for fear of cost. So far around 5000 tested. That’s it. South Korea is testing 10,000 a day. They literally have drive thru testing centers now.

Jan 25, 2011
China has stooped the exponential growth rate by doing everything they could. Italy just quarantined 16 million people in the north of the country. Trump and his cronies won’t even tell the elderly not to travel. He just said the other day they’ve stopped it. It’s completely irresponsible bullshit.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I am now starting to lean more towards 1,000,000 dead. I think this is going to overwhelm our public health system and hospital system, and we are going to have high infectivity and high mortality. Eventually we are simply going to run out of hospital beds and equipment. We have hospital beds for one out of a thousand people, and this is going to well exceed that, plus will knock out medical staff from infection or pure exhaustion, and we are so reliant on other countries for medical supplies that a global pandemic means we will be in deep trouble if those countries hoard those supplies for their own citizens, as they should.
That's currently (finally) winning in the poll. It was my initial pick and I'm sticking with it.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Yea, it could go there, and when the current medical staff is run down who is going to replace them?, you can't expect people to work 16 hr days 7 days a week, that would leave them vulnerable and you cannot just "wing it" with untrained personnel. Then as those who are most vulnerable, (the old, like me) start to go down there would be a flood of relatives going into hospitals not wanting to see family members die alone. They would then perpetuate the virus's spread.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There will come a time when Trump will find it politically expedient that he says he has the Corona Virus.........if for nothing more than to get sympathy from his base.......mark my words -- this will happen!!

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
China has stooped the exponential growth rate by doing everything they could. Italy just quarantined 16 million people in the north of the country. Trump and his cronies won’t even tell the elderly not to travel. He just said the other day they’ve stopped it. It’s completely irresponsible bullshit.
What is irresponsible bullshit is companies going forward with conferences and meetings that require people to travel. What is irresponsible bullshit is the people breaking quarantine or still going into work when they display symptoms.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
What is irresponsible bullshit is companies going forward with conferences and meetings that require people to travel. What is irresponsible bullshit is the people breaking quarantine or still going into work when they display symptoms.

why do you hate america?

• Love

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
If you want to fight coronavirus with TDS, be my guest

What he's saying is accurate. While there is still transmission in places like SK, Singapore, and HK but they've flattened out the curve early so the medical system doesn't get overwhelmed like it did in Wuhan or worse. Unfortunately the government here totally bungled the testing regime and doesn't want to tell the public the truth about the measures needed, this will likely kill quite a few people.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I'm changing my original guess of 10,000 to 100,000...

President Donald Trump's top economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, falsely claimed on Friday that the coronavirus "is contained" in the US. Another senior Trump official, counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway, made a similar though slightly less definitive claim, saying that the virus "is being contained."

But hey, look on the bright side. If lots of old people die, that means more Social Security benefits for us young people!