How long until somebody does something about Syria?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vdubchaos

Lifer
Nov 11, 2009
Does Syria have any resources America or other countries can take over and profit from?

If no, than nobody cares.

Sad but true.

We don't fight for freedom or to save innocent lives.....not since WW2 anyways.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Does Syria have any resources America or other countries can take over and profit from?

If no, than nobody cares.

Sad but true.

We don't fight for freedom or to save innocent lives.....not since WW2 anyways.

We didn't fight to save innocent lives in WW2 either.

Pulsar

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2003
You could say that, but the general goal did stop the killings

Don't really give two shits about Syria. Likewise, I no longer give two shits about any of the Arab Countries, Europe, China, Iran, etc.

Once I cared. A long time ago. But it's clear that no matter what we do or how we do it, the US is going to be the villain. All the way back to Vietnam and Korea, where our population turned on it's own troops, to now. We're the great devil of the Arab world. Europe does jack and shit for us. Etc.

Pull 'em back. If there are a few countries where the partnership has been a true partnership, like Israel who creates some incredible technology and shares it with us, fine. Japan? Get the hell out. They can deal with their own issues. The same for the Arab Countries and Europe.

It's time we stop trying to help the world. In fact, a good portion of the world is so blind to what we do, they'll probably thank us for leaving until the shit really hits the fan.

Kick the UN out. It's worthless.

All I see is the US name constantly dragged through the mud by our enemies and our so called friends. Fuck 'em all. Burn the bridges. If they come back asking for help on a WORLD stage, help. Otherwise? They can deal with their own issues.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Looks like nobody will do anything, but at this rate Assad's going to be out of power one way or the other soon enough. In the last day his defense minister and deputy defense minister were killed in a car bomb blast and there is a lot of fighting in the capital now.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
we're very close to making our move... just wait..
What do you think it will be? It's possible something will happen soon from US, but if Assad is about to fall by himself it need not entwine itself.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/18/us-policymakers-brace-collapse-syria/

I am sure I mentioned this earlier: If Assad has gotten out earlier he could have retired somewhere nice. Amnesty was offered I recall. Now, though, he's gone on so long, been such a bastard about it, that things really don't look good for him. He's done exactly what Gadhafi did: hang on and when it was obvious things were against him refused to yield. As such he'll be given no quarter when the bombs and/or raging mobs finally catch up to him.