how long does it take you to fall asleep?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
If you regularly go to sleep and it takes 30 minutes to hours, you need to get up and do something for a while, then return to bed after some unwinding. If you are tense or worried about something, you will also have trouble falling to sleep. It has nothing to do with IQ.

A lot of sleep disorders can be reduced by simply retraining the mind to relax and sleep when you lie down. Try imagining weird things while falling to sleep, much like dream imagery might occur, such as walking around nude in public or flying through the air like a bird.

For me, I can also fall asleep easily after eating a meal or a snack. Even in my recliner with the TV on. Going to bed hungry is not a good idea for most people and can cause anxiety.

It also seems as I am getting older, it is a bit easier to fall to sleep most the time.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I usually spend about half an hour in bed reading or writing... but from the time I turn the light off / close my eyes, usually about 10-15 minutes.

on the rare occasion that my mind is wandering or racing or whatever, I'll try some meditation techniques, and if that still doesn't work, I'll get out of bed and occupy some time for a bit until I feel more tired or relaxed.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
How the hell can you fall asleep in less than 5 minutes? :confused:

It takes me at least 15min (assuming I'm dead tired,) and usually more like 30-45min, and often an hour or 3. I thought that was normal?

how can it take you 1-3 hours to fall asleep? :confused: