how long does it take you to fall asleep?

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
most of the time 1-1.5 hours, sometimes 2-3 hours.

if this is a repost, well then don't reply.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
I'm gone with a ten-count.

Hell week for me, averaging 3-4 hours a night.

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
fobot.com
well it depends, of course
but often, 1-5 minutes

i can fall asleep on an airplane before take off

if i am somewhat sleepy, i can pretty much knock myself right out in a few minutes

T9D

Diamond Member
Dec 1, 2001
3- 4 hours. Born with an insomnia disorder. As long as I can remember I've never slept well. I usually only get 2-3 hours sleep at night if I'm lucky.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: v1001
3- 4 hours. Born with an insomnia disorder. As long as I can remember I've never slept well. I usually only get 2-3 hours sleep at night if I'm lucky.

you can't take ambien or something like that?

mattocs

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2005
When I was younger I used to not be able to fall asleep. But if the room is nice and cold,. I can fall asleep in a few minutes.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
usually within an hour, although sometimes more. incredibly annoying!

imported_Baloo

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2006
The dumber you are, the less time it takes you to fall asleep. The smarter you are, and hence the more thought going thru your mind, the longer it takes you to fall asleep. However, if you typically take longer than 20 minutes to fall asleep, you have a sleep disorder, see your doctor - though you may need to see a Psychotherapist.

Dec 27, 2001
Hmm. Well, I don't actually go to bed until I'm ready to sleep, which usually isn't until after midnight some time and, at that point, I fall asleep in within a couple minutes.

JohnCU

Banned
Dec 9, 2000
Originally posted by: Baloo
The dumber you are, the less time it takes you to fall asleep. The smarter you are, and hence the more thought going thru your mind, the longer it takes you to fall asleep. However, if you typically take longer than 20 minutes to fall asleep, you have a sleep disorder, see your doctor - though you may need to see a Psychotherapist.

really? i've NEVER been able to fall asleep in 20 minutes, not even when tired.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Usually pretty quickly...when I'm on the road working, it's usually immediately as my days can be quite long. It's nice :)

But there are always those nights where your brain won't shut down and you end up getting 3 hours of sleep. ah well.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
5 minutes. I've heard in various classes that it should take you 15 minutes to fall asleep every night. If you're out as soon as you hit the pillow, then you need to get more sleep. Deprivation like this over many decades can apparently shorten your life significantly.

<---- doesn't get enough rest

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: JohnCU
Originally posted by: Baloo

really? i've NEVER been able to fall asleep in 20 minutes, not even when tired.

Actually it probably has more to do with your level of stress and contentment. I never slept well until I got married. Now being happier in general, I'm more relaxed at the end of the day rather than being restless.