How long did the honeymoon stage last in your marriage??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tami

Lifer
Nov 14, 2004
i got married 2 months ago and we're very much "the newlyweds" and are very happy.

IBuyUFO

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
I've been married 6 months and my wife complains about my driving, directions, the way I do things and etc. blah! Iguess the honeymoon is way over

SouthPaW1227

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
Originally posted by: IBuyUFO
I've been married 6 months and my wife complains about my driving, directions, the way I do things and etc. blah! Iguess the honeymoon is way over

Dag bro, my lady's got those complaints outta the way and we've long moved onto acceptance.

And in reply to ^way up there, I'm sorry, but sex >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> kids

Spike

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Well, if nightly sex is the sign of a honeymoon stage then I guess we really where never in one. After 2 years we are still very passionate and the sex is GREAT, it's just not nightly. We have small disgreements every once in a while, they are either about politics or driving and never really lead to any raised voices or anger, just annoyance.

Definitly still madly in love, even though I have become a fat slob due to her wonderful cooking (6' 190lbs now!)

-spike

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Well, the reason I ask, is cause I see so many people getting divorced in the Navy, and it's kind of scary. But me and my wife are doing wonderfully, although we've only been married for 9 weeks. So I was just wondering what other people thought on the subject, and see how other people are going.
Even more amazing than the fact that we got married, is the fact that she has now taken over my Guild Wars account, and is playing it every night in my absense while I'm at work. This is someone who was exceptionally happen to get that little Frogger game that plugs directly into the tv.
Tas.

jeremy806

May 10, 2000
It takes many years to really know what a person is all about. In the long term, it's about the ability to adapt to the life that you both have, and not get overly focused on the life that one or both of you want. Kind of abstract, but some folks in here probably know what I mean.

Answer: Not as long as you expect.

jeremy806