How long did the honeymoon stage last in your marriage??

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
For those that are married, how long did the honemoon stage last? And how long have you been married, if you don't mind...
Tas.

SouthPaW1227

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
^ Bickering. Lack of nightly sex.

I'm just guessing. I'm proposing in 4 months & counting :D :D :D

Our honeymoon stage will last forever, at least I hope...we've been dating over 3.5 years and it's just like the day we met, 'cept we've matured 10x.

TwinkleToes77

Diamond Member
Jul 13, 2002
That's the one thing I think I didn't really get to experience because of the fact we lived together before we got married. So it was kinda over the month after we got back from our honeymoon. We just went on with our normal day to day lives.

Edit: I should add that my husband and I are still deeply in love and I have those same feelings for him as I did when I first knew he was the one I wanted to marry. Though we didnt really have a 'honeymoon' phase after the weddin, the sparks are still flying. We have been together 8 years, 2 1/2 of those we have been married.

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: SouthPaW1227

I'm just guessing. I'm proposing in 4 months & counting :D :D :D

Our honeymoon stage will last forever, at least I hope...we've been dating over 3.5 years and it's just like the day we met, 'cept we've matured 10x.

Same here...proposing in a little over a month, we've known each other 7 years and have had our differences (mostly political) but have been together seriously over a year and a half now and are just as lovey-dovey as when we started out. We've learned that little things aren't worth arguing over, and I've learned especially to let things go and just let her win so I can keep sleeping in the bed :)

SouthPaW1227

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
^ I hear that! In all seriousness, the biggest thing we fight over after 3.5 years is FOOD! LoL, if we're traveling and she gets randomly hungry and wants food, I'm always like "dang can't you wait 'til supper" and she pouts or whatever, lol, but I mean I can't complain if that's as bad as it gets. I let her win most times, and she doesn't take that for granted, so it works out well. Good luck w/ your proposal!! :D

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
^ I hear that! In all seriousness, the biggest thing we fight over after 3.5 years is FOOD! LoL, if we're traveling and she gets randomly hungry and wants food, I'm always like "dang can't you wait 'til supper" and she pouts or whatever, lol, but I mean I can't complain if that's as bad as it gets. I let her win most times, and she doesn't take that for granted, so it works out well. Good luck w/ your proposal!! :D

K I should be more specific....when I said I let her win, I'm not really LETTING her win, as in it's not within my control to allow such things. What I'm merely doing is preventing myself from being embarassed by an inevitable loss if I continue the argument, either by losing the argument itself (yay), or by winning it and ending up losing anyways.

So yeah, just in case she reads this, my official position is that I love her and that she's always right.

/pvssy-whipped

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Why do you ask?

Anyhoo, I think no matter who you are or how long you have been married, you can still tap into that "honeymoon" feeling. Heck look at people that have been married 50+ years! They define marital success and bliss. I know what you're getting at, but the truth of it is -IMHO- that it can last forever!

Yeah I know, cheesier than Chucky Cheese's toilet bowl. But you asked! :p

L

Lola

in all honesty, it was not there a long time...
We are getting married in 6 days but have lived together for over 4 years. We got to know each other very well and got to know each others quirks very quickly, but even after 4 years, i still think there is a HUGE spark left. Sure, we go to work, pay bills, do all the things that need to be done, but we still find time to have a good "quickie" or a great night as well.

I think if anything, our relationship is better and stronger now than that "honeymoon" phase. Sure, we had sex at least once a day, but now the sex is 100X better and more fulfilling too.

You will be fine! Here's an early Congrats OP!:wine:

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: lancestorm
What are the signs of a honeymoon gone?

In that case, my honeymoon was over before I got married... :(

(That's what happens when you don't get married for 8 years...;))

ScoobMaster

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
i've been married 10 yrs this august. we have 3 kids.

my wife and i are still madly in love.

Same here: 10 year anniversary was in April, we have 1 child, and we are still deeply in love (fire's still burnin')!

I guess we are among the lucky ones - but we have always had a great relationship!

KC5AV

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2002
My wife and I will celebrate 8 years next month. We are both still madly in love. We got all of the fighting out of the way before we got married... we used to have some big ones, too.

SouthPaW1227

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Having a kid.

This is spot-on from what I've read & heard. I'm gettin' married reliatively young (22) and won't want a kid 'til at LEAST 30. If I had it my way I'd never have a kid but the future wifey is bound & determined to have one. She'll be an excellent mom, but I want the relationship to remain about "us" as long as possible.

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Having a kid.

This is spot-on from what I've read & heard. I'm gettin' married reliatively young (22) and won't want a kid 'til at LEAST 30. If I had it my way I'd never have a kid but the future wifey is bound & determined to have one. She'll be an excellent mom, but I want the relationship to remain about "us" as long as possible.

Having a kid doesn't HAVE to end the honeymoon-phase. The baby was not the problem, his selfishness and hurtfulness and lack of support is what did it. Sometimes you don't realize how self-centered and spoiled someone is until you have a baby.

Ramma2

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2002
Penny in the Jar theory.

Put 1 penny in the jar every time you have sex before you are married.

Take 1 penny out of the jar every time you have sex after you are married.

You will never empty the jar.

SouthPaW1227

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
Having a kid doesn't HAVE to end the honeymoon-phase. The baby was not the problem, his selfishness and hurtfulness and lack of support is what did it. Sometimes you don't realize how self-centered and spoiled someone is until you have a baby.

You're right on one thing: it doesn't HAVE to end it. But it becomes damn hard. Look, don't blame him for being selfish. He obviously cared a hell of a lot for you these years. The problem is not ONLY does having a kid mean he has an entire 'nother being he has to care for, spend time with (as if there's ever enough for himself even), and spend his hard earned cash on, but it devours YOU TOO! The love of his life is now concerned more with the kid than him, and that's a flippin' hard pill to swallow. I'm not accusing you at all, I'm just saying this is reality once you have a child to care for, your time obviously becomes more segmented and typcially slants towards to kid over your spouse for fear of being a "bad parent".

KarenMarie

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2003
How long did the honeymoon stage last in your marriage??

three days before the marriage. non stop fighting for more than 8yrs after the day of marriage. we are no longer married.
;)

i live with my b/f for the past 6yrs. in some ways we are like an old marrie couple, in other ways we are like newlyweds.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Well, we lived together for 2 years before we got married so I guess we were past the honeymoon stage before we even got married.

We still have good sex...just not as often. Married 12 years.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
i've been married 10 yrs this august. we have 3 kids.

my wife and i are still madly in love.

9 years for me yesterday. Still going strong, very strong.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Having a kid.

having kids made most things better for us. do we have less sex, well obviously, it's harder to find time etc, but it does make the time we can make for ourselves more enjoyable.