how fast are you in Minesweeper and how good in FreeCell?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TomFoolery

Banned
May 24, 2000
My best Beginer is 5, my intermediate is 45 or something, and my expect is a little over 120.

getting anything below 6 in beginner is luck, u have to get the right boxes so that the game finishes it for u, u can beat beginner with like only 10 mouse clicks.
Tom

Passions

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2000
grow up gustavus. last time i heard that crap, im right and your wrong was back in elementary school.
it says on microsoft freecell rules, every game is winable.

piku

Diamond Member
May 30, 2000
Hell I dont even know how to play minesweeper! :)

My dad does though. I guess that just shows what he does at work :p

SaxOphoneKid

Jun 1, 2000
As taken from http://www.freecell.org
FreeCell is the enormously popular solitaire game included with Windows 95. Because all cards are visible at the start of the game, it is almost entirely a game of skill. Almost all FreeCell positions can be won. The most notable exception is the game #11982 in Microsoft FreeCell.

Gustavus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
It isn't that no one has found a winning line of play for game #11982, but rather that a computer backtracking routine proved that there was no winning line of play for that game. The other 31999 games in the Microsoft Freecell library all have winning lines of play. Most are easy, and the difficult ones have solutions cataloged on net. Much more interesting (to me as a mathematician) is a short note by Hans Bodelander (sp?) of Holland who found a simple formulation for constructing Freecell games that can be easily proven to not have a winning line of play -- no computer search involved. There are a number of other interesting constructive proofs -- for example games that are called "flourishes" in which no card is stacked until the very last move, when they all flourish to the stacks. Neat!