How does America view boycotts against Arizona?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
I was just about to post the same two videos in this thread.

My favorite quote:
"We have hundreds and hundreds of folks coming from Middle Eastern countries, and frankly, I don't think most of these people are coming here to cut our grass." - Congressman Paul Brown

As he then goes on to say, WE MUST SECURE OUR BORDERS! :twisted:
This is criminal behavior on the part of our government. Might even fall under the guise of treason. To produce a list of potential terrorists streaming over our borders and ignore it is...I don't know what words to use.

Imagine how many are getting through that don't get nabbed and identified!

I believe this is going to be the issue to define the elections this fall.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I never quite understood such broad boycotts (on either side of this debate). Boycotting "Arizona" is moronic even if you don't like the new law, because most people and businesses you're trying to hurt are just trying to do business. Same for boycotting "California". It might make you feel like a big man, but it's not actually targeting the right people.

You're right. What we really need is a TAX boycott. If the government will not enforce the why should we pay taxes? About 30 million Americans not filing would get their attention considering their are only 90 million returns. Especially the top 5%-10% who pay all the taxes.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Many ways to stop illegal aliens. All of them need to be done.

Stop agriculture and other food production subsidies.

Slap employers with fines and penalties for hiring.

Remove the anchor baby laws.

Remove public and social help from those without residency.

Stop the war on drugs by legalizing and regulating.

Pretty much if everything above was done then there would be no more illegal immigration problem.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
A good way to boycott CA is to stop watching TV, Movies and listening and buying music.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
You're right. What we really need is a TAX boycott. If the government will not enforce the why should we pay taxes? About 30 million Americans not filing would get their attention considering their are only 90 million returns. Especially the top 5%-10% who pay all the taxes.
Dick Morris has been talking about this for about a year. Starve the Feds!