How does America view boycotts against Arizona?

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._boycotts_of_arizona_over_new_immigration_law

68% oppose them.

lol...Cali doesnt even have 1/3 of the country behind them. Ouch

Further,

"Forty percent (40%), in fact, say they would avoid doing business with any city or state that boycotts Arizona."

So more people will boycott those boycotting Arizona than are actually boycotting Arizona. Talk about a backfire.

Gun%20Backfire.gif

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
It's not a CA vs. Arizona issue. Are you forgetting the anti-immigrant legislation CA voters have passed? Most Americans are against illegals.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
It's not a CA vs. Arizona issue. Are you forgetting the anti-immigrant legislation CA voters have passed? Most Americans are against illegals.

Agreed...its pro-illegal crowd ( loony left ) vs every sane American who understands and values the rule of law.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
We need to have some witch trials for the left.

But most Lefties weigh more than a duck... :sneaky:

Seriously though, I would say a good portion of the people that have an issue with SB1070 still want the illegals gone (like myself) but feel that the law (and YES I HAVE READ IT) is not the right way to go about doing it.
A few wording changes such taking away the discretionary nature of determining when to ask for documentation, and I think the majority of people who are against it currently might change their minds.

Simply attacking those who disagree doesn't win any fans though.

Last edited:

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub..._boycotts_of_arizona_over_new_immigration_law

68% oppose them.

lol...Cali doesnt even have 1/3 of the country behind them. Ouch

Further,

"Forty percent (40%), in fact, say they would avoid doing business with any city or state that boycotts Arizona."

So more people will boycott those boycotting Arizona than are actually boycotting Arizona. Talk about a backfire.

Gun%20Backfire.gif

This is exactly why I like shopping at Whole Foods; the produce is labled with its origin. Skipped right past the produce grown in California and picked by illegals.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009

Seriously though, I would say a good portion of the people that have an issue with SB1070 still want the illegals gone (like myself) but feel that the law (and YES I HAVE READ IT) is not the right way to go about doing it.
A few wording changes such taking away the discretionary nature of determining when to ask for documentation, and I think the majority of people who are against it currently might change their minds.

Nice two faced argument. You want to gut the law and its ability to enforce our immigration laws but you also want to pretend as if you want to "solve the illegal immigration issue".

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
Nice two faced argument. You want to gut the law and its ability to enforce our immigration laws but you also want to pretend as if you want to "solve the illegal immigration issue".

Easiest way to solve such an issue is to make it so its impossible to immigrate here illegally. :p
Though there are 2 ways of doing that. :p
Well a 3rd if you count taking over mexico(okay I know there are illegal immigrants from other places but they get focused on the most...). :p

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
This is exactly why I like shopping at Whole Foods; the produce is labled with its origin. Skipped right past the produce grown in California and picked by illegals.

Corn all produce is packed by illegals. Berries in Oregon, Apples in Washington, Avacodos in California, Oranges in Florida, Corn in Nebraska, Chickens in Arkansas... awfully hard to avoid illegal labor, like impossible if you look at supply chain as well.

I avoid Ca products on GPs as well though.

What we need is an Arizona business site so we can direct our dollars to those who wish to have RoL - I did just buy several thousand worth a of plastic roofing tiles from there - but only because there were the only source of this type.

PS - Got an Acog from Wixam Mi in mail today too.:)

Last edited:

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001

I don't have a problem with people that oppose the law but I do have a problem with people that make up things that in no way are enabled or authorized by the law such as the idea that a family could be sitting in an ice cream parlor enjoying a treat and be hauled off to jail. That bit of nonsense came from none other than the President himself. Most of the boycotts are using similar nonsense as justification for their actions.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Maybe someone should inform the left that the federal law is much more permissive for stops/questioning than the AZ one. There is no "reasonable" requirement in it. And since fed law trumps state.....

Oh, wait. We're not enforcing the federal law anyway. Now I get the outrage.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Maybe someone should inform the left that the federal law is much more permissive for stops/questioning than the AZ one. There is no "reasonable" requirement in it. And since fed law trumps state.....

Oh, wait. We're not enforcing the federal law anyway. Now I get the outrage.

Pretty much. Arizona law is WEAKER than existing federal laws. Its quite funny

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Wrong thread for these but they're closely related and this thread is closer to the top.

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438021/index.html

http://www.wsbtv.com/video/23438021/index.html

It ain't just Mexicans crossing the border. Pay attention to the OTM list that the .gov is burying on a regular basis.
I was just about to post the same two videos in this thread.

My favorite quote:
"We have hundreds and hundreds of folks coming from Middle Eastern countries, and frankly, I don't think most of these people are coming here to cut our grass."
- Congressman Paul Brown

As he then goes on to say, WE MUST SECURE OUR BORDERS! :twisted:

Last edited:

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Another good one:
Costa Mesa declares itself 'Rule of Law' city
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7451091
COSTA MESA, Calif. (KABC) -- In response to growing criticism of Arizona's immigration law, Costa Mesa is also diving into the immigration debate. The city has declared itself a "Rule of Law" city.

At the urging of Mayor Allan Mansoor, the Costa Mesa City Council voted 4-0 Tuesday to approve the resolution designed to make it clear immigration laws will be enforced and people in the country illegally are not welcome.

Mansoor, who proposed the resolution, says more needs to be done to crack down on illegal immigrants. The mayor says he is concerned with cities calling themselves "illegal immigrant sanctuary cities."

"I believe it's important that we very much support legal immigration, which we do, but it's also appropriate to state that we do not support illegal immigration and that we are not a 'sanctuary city,'" said Mansoor.

The mayor said he didn't have time to talk on camera Wednesday about the resolution.
"We have to have laws. How are we going to live anywhere without laws?" said Costa Mesa Agnes Thiers.

When you talk to folks who live and work in Costa Mesa, most of them said Wednesday that they favor what the city council did. They basically said rules are rules, laws are laws, and they have to be obeyed.

"No matter what your political stance or whatever, that's something that should be enforced," said Costa Mesa resident Chuck Cook.

"Even though it sounds harsh, I think they should be legal," said Cherie Thiers, a resident of Costa Mesa.

Those against the resolution, said differently.

"What is really the goal that we want to set in the United States, and in Costa Mesa?" said Costa Mesa resident Linda Garcia. "Let us look at people as human beings with human needs."

"They don't come here trying to disrupt our lives or anything like that," said Costa Mesa resident Nathan Endemano. "Everybody just wants a better life for themselves."

Nothing specific yet from the city council on how this resolution will be enforced.

A federal agent is assigned to the Costa Mesa jail to check the immigration status of those arrested.
The council's action has been condemned by the Orange County branch of the Anti-Defamation League.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
So what are they doing about those who break the law hiring them?
That's a very good question.

The enforcement of the laws must be universal and complete. I don't think anyone who supports the "new" AZ law would argue that point.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
I never quite understood such broad boycotts (on either side of this debate). Boycotting "Arizona" is moronic even if you don't like the new law, because most people and businesses you're trying to hurt are just trying to do business. Same for boycotting "California". It might make you feel like a big man, but it's not actually targeting the right people.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
There's a nice vid on foxnews of MrS. Brewer (az gov) basically telling Obama to "DO HIS FUCKING JOB" because AZ is getting invaded.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Another good one:
Costa Mesa declares itself 'Rule of Law' city
http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/local/orange_county&id=7451091

There is a strange thing about southern CA. North of Orange County is very leftist. South is much more moderate with the exception of San Diego proper. The left here calls it "The Orange Curtain." It's funny, because even here they are quite liberal, just not leftist to the extreme. (I'm in Del Mar, 20 min north of San Diego)

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Got anything besides this rasmussen BS? Show some other polls that don't elicit stupid responses from people like, "I hate boycotts so much, I'm boycotting you!!".

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001

That would be great, but as we've seen the majority of those who are against it, haven't even read the friggin thing. So, changing a few words isn't going to change anyone's mind.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
Got anything besides this rasmussen BS? Show some other polls that don't elicit stupid responses from people like, "I hate boycotts so much, I'm boycotting you!!".

How about this:

You go find polls suggesting that most Americans are NOT against these boycotts and post them. Until then, STFU. We all know your pro-illegal agenda here, I'm sorry if the polls show you are a very small minority.