Question How do you disable onboard LAN on Asrock B450 Pro4 ?

Chicken76

Jun 10, 2013
I've looked all over the Bios menus and I can't find the option to turn it off. I'm not new to computers or Bios interfaces and despite being completely sober at the time, I couldn't find it.
Does anyone have a similar B450 Asrock board and can tell me the path to that option?

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
yea there's no mention of it in the manual on how to turn it off, maybe since it's the only port?

like killster said, just disable it with software

Reactions: killster1

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
is there not an option in UEFI setup? Pg57 on tht manual under northbridge or southbridge config.
It is usually tucked away in it, should be Realtek Lan on most AMD boards, and they again are always tucked under northbridge / southbridge.

Also you can right click in windows under network properties and disable it via windows.

Can i ask why you want it disabled?
Not plugging anything into the port will turn it off, and if its reserving a IP address you want, that is something you would need to go into your router and delete manually.

Last edited:

Chicken76

Jun 10, 2013
Thank you for all the answers. So I'm not inept, there really isn't an option to disable it.
I have added a discrete Intel NIC to my system, as Realtek NICs have given me troubles in the past and I've sworn not to use them anymore.
The reasons I wanted to disable it were:
- make the board POST faster by not having to initialize it
- make the OS load faster by not having to load the driver and settings for it
- make the system use less power by having the chip disabled
All of these don't make a huge difference, but since it's just a simple Bios setting, why not have all the above, right?
That's it, no more Asrock boards for me, it's the last straw.