How do we feel about papa joe this far into his presidency, would you vote for him in reelection?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hopefully, something will come out of this FBI raid where some law was broken by Trump thus banning him from running for any office ever again. Hopefully....
With Trump out of the picture, Biden could win a second term or could a number of other worthy democrats.

But I wonder.... if Donald Trump were banned from running again, would that stop Trump from running again?
What could be done by a Trump loyal republican house and senate to allow Trump to run again? That is, if they take bak control?
Could they, would they pass some law exempting Trump from the ban?
Or would republicans in congress simply change or eliminate the law which banned Trump?

It will be VERY INTERESTING to see what happens if Donald Trump is banned from running for office.
We know his 7 million followers will NEVER accept it. They will insist Trump run regardless of the law.

Can the write-in of a name on a ballot, even the name of a convicted felon, disqualify that felon from accepting office if that felon in fact received the most votes?

Reactions: Leeea and Lezunto

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Hopefully, something will come out of this FBI raid where some law was broken by Trump thus banning him from running for any office ever again. Hopefully....
With Trump out of the picture, Biden could win a second term or could a number of other worthy democrats.

But I wonder.... if Donald Trump were banned from running again, would that stop Trump from running again?
What could be done by a Trump loyal republican house and senate to allow Trump to run again? That is, if they take bak control?
Could they, would they pass some law exempting Trump from the ban?
Or would republicans in congress simply change or eliminate the law which banned Trump?

It will be VERY INTERESTING to see what happens if Donald Trump is banned from running for office.
We know his 7 million followers will NEVER accept it. They will insist Trump run regardless of the law.

Can the write-in of a name on a ballot, even the name of a convicted felon, disqualify that felon from accepting office if that felon in fact received the most votes?
Unfortunately, our all seeing, all knowing founders made no restrictions in the Constitution that would stop trump from running.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
How are we going to stop Trump?

Not by dividing our voting strength.

That's why we have two elections.
Primary and General. This question is answered very differently for each.
I want us to have another Obama or Bill Clinton. Someone with charisma who can rile up a crowd. To either drive our own turnout or capture votes from the opposition.
But at the end of the day it makes no difference for my vote in the General election.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Unfortunately, our all seeing, all knowing founders made no restrictions in the Constitution that would stop trump from running.
I think this is a good idea. As you can see in other countries it's a time honored election technique for the people in power to throw their challengers in jail so they can't run.

Reactions: Leeea

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I think this is a good idea. As you can see in other countries it's a time honored election technique for the people in power to throw their challengers in jail so they can't run.
Not even for trying to overthrow the government ( even though it failed) ?
I don’t think the Founders ever envisioned trump.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
I'm okay with what Joe has done so far, given the circumstances. Nothing against him in 2020, but he wasn't my first choice, but he was the right choice at the time. I think he would beat Trump again, but I don't think Trump will win the nomination. I think a smart, more youthful Republican would beat him, His age does matter, despite him being a fairly hard worker for his age. If Joe runs again Kamala won't be a wise choice among even Democrats imho because Joe's at the age where he could tip over or his faculties become diminished, so the choice of his VP is more crucial this time around imho.

Reactions: Leeea and Ken g6

Juiblex

Banned
Sep 26, 2016
I would not vote Biden in 24... I did not vote for him in 2020 (I did not vote for Trump either)...

Reasons:
- 50 billion to Ukraine.
-Vaccine Mandates.
-He's a Zionist.

Thats my top 3...
That said, Trump and any R won't get my vote either. I'm going 3rd party all the way down the line this go around. We need changes, and the R and D are both horrible in my opinion that do nothing but divide and try to create a civil war at this point.

Zor Prime

Nov 7, 1999
I've voted for Biden in the past but he's so lost it's evident his handlers are running the show. Democrats need someone new. I'd pick Manchin for president and I don't even like Manchin, but I think he'd be good for the job. Yeah, yeah I know y'all hate Manchin but that doesn't change my opinion.

If Trump doesn't run we're looking at DeSantis. DeSantis will make Trump look like a leftist.

• Haha
Reactions: Bitek and iRONic

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I would not vote Biden in 24... I did not vote for him in 2020 (I did not vote for Trump either)...

Reasons:
- 50 billion to Ukraine.
-Vaccine Mandates.
-He's a Zionist.

Thats my top 3...
That said, Trump and any R won't get my vote either. I'm going 3rd party all the way down the line this go around. We need changes, and the R and D are both horrible in my opinion that do nothing but divide and try to create a civil war at this point.
We're somewhat obligated to defend Ukraine particularly after the US made them give up nukes. Had trump not held up payments to Ukraine (payments that had 90% of voting support in the US Senate) the situation could have been a lot different.
Vaccine mandates are rational policy. Also presidents should generally do what the people want. You may disagree with Biden but the overwhelming majority of the country was and still is in support of them so it's hard to really blame him for doing something rational that 65-70% of people wanted.
Bidens been the least cozy to Israel of perhaps the last 10 us presidents if you look at his actions so far.

Feb 4, 2009

Reasons:
- 50 billion to Ukraine.
-Vaccine Mandates.
-He's a Zionist.

Thats my top 3...
Explain the Zionist thing that comes up frequently with ya’ll

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Reasons:
- 50 billion to Ukraine.
-Vaccine Mandates.
-He's a Zionist.

Thats my top 3...

WTF is up with the Zionist shit? Ok, so fine what 3rd party(s) are you in support of? Green, American Taxpayer, Constitution, Libertarian, Forward, Reform etc?

Reactions: Leeea

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
WTF is up with the Zionist shit?
Zionists believe in the existence of the nation state of Israel. Opposing Zionism is opposing the existence of Israel as a nation state.

---------------------------------------

A long time ago a series of treatys were signed with the goal of achieving peace in the middle east.

Part of that it the US pays Israel a bunch of $$$ for not murdering its neighbors. The US also pays Israel's neighbors a bunch of $$$ for not murdering Israel.

What ever works, right?

Thing is, these days the Israeli government does very questionable things to some of its neighbors who refused to sign a treaty. Specifically Palestine. And by questionable things, murder, mayhem, terrorism, and ethnic cleansing. To be fair, Palestine is ran by a bunch of proxies* who want to do that to Israel.

So that leaves any US politician in a vicious catch 22. Do they support the peace treaties between Israel and its neighbors? By doing so they acknowledge the existence of Israel and become Zionist. They also end up indirectly supporting the extermination of Palestine, and the propping up of the Israeli, Egyptian, and Jordanian governments.

*Palestine is not a democracy, and the groups perpetuating the violence are financed by outside actors who are upset about how the last few wars went. As long as a Palestinian is willing to die in their proxy war vs Israeli, peace is not happening.

How does this wrap back up in Zionism? Well, some people believe if Israel did not exist the middle east would be a happy peaceful place. Just like it was prior to Israel existing ... all we need to do is break the peace treaties and cut the funding to Israel and its neighbors.

Last edited:

evident

Lifer
Apr 5, 2005
Biden is awesome. Dealt the worst hand possible, especially after the Jan 6 BS. and he's managed to get significant meaningful legislation passed.

Reactions: Lezunto

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm okay with what Joe has done so far, given the circumstances. Nothing against him in 2020, but he wasn't my first choice, but he was the right choice at the time. I think he would beat Trump again, but I don't think Trump will win the nomination. I think a smart, more youthful Republican would beat him, His age does matter, despite him being a fairly hard worker for his age. If Joe runs again Kamala won't be a wise choice among even Democrats imho because Joe's at the age where he could tip over or his faculties become diminished, so the choice of his VP is more crucial this time around imho.
Fairly hard worker at what? Grifting campaign funds? I may have misread this. Were you talking about Joe or Trump?

Reactions: dlerious

Lezunto

Golden Member
Oct 24, 2020
I believe any violence against the FBI and other federal agents called for by angry Trump supporters may also affect voter choice.

Despite everything that has gone on, I think the majority of people in this country still prefer equality - except folks such as Dinesh D'Souza.

Too much disinformation and too much lying make it so easy for those who hate.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
The Republican Party is DEAD!

It's not a party designed to better the life of American people.

Its instead designed to worsen the life of American people by inflicting as much pain and suffering as possible in any way possible.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
L
Zionists believe in the existence of the nation state of Israel. Opposing Zionism is opposing the existence of Israel as a nation state.

A long time ago a series of treatys were signed with the goal of achieving peace in the middle east.

Part of that it the US pays Israel a bunch of $$$ for not murdering its neighbors. The US also pays Israel's neighbors a bunch of $$$ for not murdering Israel.

What ever works, right?

Thing is, these days the Israeli government does very questionable things to some of its neighbors who refused to sign a treaty. Specifically Palestine. And by questionable things, murder, mayhem, terrorism, and ethnic cleansing. To be fair, Palestine is ran by a bunch of proxies* who want to do that to Israel.

So that leaves any US politician in a vicious catch 22. Do they support the peace treaties between Israel and its neighbors? By doing so they acknowledge the existence of Israel and become Zionist. They also end up indirectly supporting the extermination of Palestine, and the propping up of the Israeli, Egyptian, and Jordanian governments.

*Palestine is not a democracy, and the groups perpetuating the violence are financed by outside actors who are upset about how the last few wars went. As long as a Palestinian is willing to die in their proxy war vs Israeli, peace is not happening.

How does this wrap back up in Zionism? Well, some people believe if Israel did not exist the middle east would be a happy peaceful place. Just like it was prior to Israel existing ... all we need to do is break the peace treaties and cut the funding to Israel and its neighbors.
Let’s let jublex respond

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
With the republican party attempting to destroy democracy safe choices are the right choices.
There is always something just off about AOC, just something that makes me feel as if the first female president should be someone else.

Reactions: Lezunto