How do we feel about papa joe this far into his presidency, would you vote for him in reelection?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Depends on who he's running against. He was probably my last choice of Democrats, but compared to any of the GOP candidates likely to run, he'd certainly get my vote. Against Trump or Desantis, it's absolutely a no-brainer.

I decided around the time of the Clinton impeachment (I'm old) that I couldn't see myself ever voting GOP again. They've done nothing to improve since then. That decision was locked in further by the Iraq Invasion (ie, America's version of what Putin is now doing right down to the "we must protect ourselves" horseshit).

Biden was and is too old to be President and too old guard. But I vote lesser evil and it makes for easy decisions. I pretty much opposed every platform plank the GOP has, while I only oppose some of them from the Democrats, so again easy decision. Climate Change alone is enough to make me not vote GOP (but it's not alone by far).

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Whatever slimy homunculus the GOP manages to incubate all the way to birth and roll into their inevitable nomination is going to be demonstrably worse--and historically unqualified--compared to anyone that the democrats put up there.

Even so, Joe is plenty fucking fine for the job. Based on the facts, of course.

Leeea

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2020
Yes.

I feel Biden has been doing the best possible job.

He was given a failing nation state, out of control pandemic, a recession, massive defect spending, failed government, corrupted institutions, and a broken society.

The fact the country is still somehow in one piece is a testimony to just how President Biden is the Greatest President this country has ever had. The outgoing president had 46% of the country advocating civil war, the implementation of a dictatorship, and the extermination of both their political rivals and minorities. By simply preventing further widescale organized political violence Biden achieved a miracle.

and it still is not going to be enough. It is not possible for one man to fix this country.

kt

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2000
Yes.

I feel Biden has been doing the best possible job.

He was given a failing nation state, out of control pandemic, a recession, massive defect spending, failed government, corrupted institutions, and a broken society.

The fact the country is still somehow in one piece is a testimony to just how President Biden is the Greatest President this country has ever had. The outgoing president had 46% of the country advocating civil war, the implementation of a dictatorship, and the extermination of both their political rivals and minorities. By simply preventing further widescale organized political violence Biden achieved a miracle.

and it still is not going to be enough. It is not possible for one man to fix this country.
I have to agree here. While some previous POTUS were left with a hill to climb, I feel Biden was left with Mt. Everest to climb.

Reactions: Leeea

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Ever since I was old enough to vote, I have not voted for a single GOP presidential candidate so far. This streak will stay alive for the foreseeable future.
I made the mistake once, because I was living in Chicago and the Daily Daley Democratic machine people were impossible to vote for. Turns out Republican Jim Tompson who I voted for Governor, ended up in jail. It's an Illinois thing.

Last edited:

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
My first election in which I vould vote was 1972. I've NEVER voted for a candidate with the (R) attached to their name. Yes, that means I've had to vote for some really shitty candidates over the years...and often, it was more about voting AGAINST whoever was the (R) candidate.
I'm a Democrat...but I am NOT a fckn liberal. In many things, I'm more coservative than most righties.
If it comes down to Joe again, barring some MAJOR fuck up, he'll probably get my vote.
If it's Kamala... It'll probably vote 3rd party.

Reactions: Leeea

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Biden is too old to run in 24. However, if he provides the best shot to win I’m on board

I’m fairly pleased with the job he’s done so far. I wanted more on voting rights but not sure how to do that without 60 in Senate. Can’t cover that under reconciliation. Need a few more in Senate to break filibuster

Things I would like to see for 24 with an upgraded Senate

Voting rights - the only way we can get any reform is to end partisan gerrymandering

End carried interest - finally show the richest they don’t get all the breaks

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I really don't see how any one else would've been able to accomplish more than Biden has with the hand he was delt. He is also willing to take the political lumps to do the right think, I.e. getting us out of Afghanistan.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I’m happy with Biden’s performance but in a fantasy world we’d have someone like Pete buttigieg. However whether it’s Joe or Kamala I’ll vote for them because republicans are not a serious party and are a threat to our democracy.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
do i wish joe were more progressive (along with the rest of the party)? sure do.
do i think he's making the best out of the absolute shit hand he got dealt? hard to say he could do much better. scored some absolutely massive fucking wins with CHIPS and IRA, and our foreign policy is infinitely better than it was 2 years ago.

dems could put up a rotting corpose and it'd still be better than a GOP candidate who is all too happy to take us to white christo-fascism.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I have to agree here. While some previous POTUS were left with a hill to climb, I feel Biden was left with Mt. Everest to climb.
C'mon man...Obama inherited a way shittier situation.

Reactions: Drach

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The aftermath of the bush jr presidency looks like a freaken walk in the park compared to what Biden has had to deal with.
Not in terms of economy or war. Sure, we're way closer to fascism now which is a whole other major issue, but in Jan 2009 we were in fucking free fall.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Not in terms of economy or war. Sure, we're way closer to fascism now which is a whole other major issue, but in Jan 2009 we were in fucking free fall.
Agreed strongly, Obama was left with a "house on fire" and then blamed ad nauseam because he couldn't overcome (R) obstructionism after getting shellacked in the 2010 midterms.

I forget where I read the op piece (perhaps The Atlantic), but the Biden administration has way overachieved legislatively considering the slight "majority" they enjoy in Congress. I've always thought of Biden as a one-term president (based on his age), but he's an easy vote if he decides to run again. Mind you things haven't been perfect; the administration has had a blind spot at times and the Repugs have blown things way out of proportion to score political hit points. Three things that come to mind that the administration (and POTUS) could have reacted to faster/better are the deterioration in AF during summer 2021, the baby formula supply shock, and inflation.

Personally I'd vote for literal poop before any Republican running for high office, but that's just me. The reasonable conservatives that could possibly attract my (tepid) support, such as Adam Kinzinger, are becoming extinct in Trump's GOP.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Biden was and is too old to be President and too old guard. But I vote lesser evil and it makes for easy decisions. I pretty much opposed every platform plank the GOP has, while I only oppose some of them from the Democrats, so again easy decision. Climate Change alone is enough to make me not vote GOP (but it's not alone by far).
The GOP had no platform in 2020. They skipped that formality at their convention. It was the orange monster, period. Their hats all piled onto his head. Bunch of asshats, every one of them.
I decided around the time of the Clinton impeachment (I'm old) that I couldn't see myself ever voting GOP again. They've done nothing to improve since then.
I've never even considered voting GOP. That won't change. I hope that institution will die and soon.

Last edited: