How do I get an adderall prescription?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
You have no idea...they'll also all be manic depressants and unable to stay still unless they're pumping 1,000,000 mg of caffeine through their veins, or more adderall. it's also a major contributor to ambien addiction, at least among college students. It's downright terrifying what some kids around here will go through to get that shit.

They will ALL be "manic depressants"?

Have a study with even a strong correlation towards that?

Besides, the half life is fairly low on Adderall. If you don't have a good response to it don't take it.

I just think way too much stuff is illegal in this country supposedly for your own good.

Where does personal responsibility come in?

Do you guys know how many people in high powered jobs rely on these things for the extra push to get shit done? 70+ hours a week without some kind of crutch is just impossible, but with it things get done. That's personal responsibility and choice.

I don't take any of this stuff personally, but I'm not going to tell someone else that they can't boost their performance.

Last edited:

bobdole369

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2004
If you figure this out, the next task is to find out how I can get prescribed dexedrine. A friend of mine used to sell me his back in high school. No better way to actually complete tasks than with amphetamine.

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Hey all I need an adderall prescription for my ADHD-I. I am not a classic case of ADHD (Straight A's, teachers said it was 'impossible') but I have almost all the symptoms of low dopamine and ADHD. I have done alot of research.

I figure a powerful stimulant would be worth a shot.

So do you think my family doc will prescrible me adderall and what should I say?

If you truly needed a prescription, your doctor will tell you and give you one. The fact that you're even asking about this here says you're only interested in abusing the substance. You need to be going to the doctor asking "what do I need to solve this" not "I want to get fucked on speed, how do I lie to my doctor so he'll give me some."

Scumbag.

No wonder your parents want to kick you out of their house.

Last edited:

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
I have some good reading on ADHD here:

This comic explains it well:

ADHD basically means dealing with invisible, irrational barriers. My pre-diagnosis test is just 3 questions:

1. Are simple things hard for you?
2. Are you forgetful?
3. Do you work off urgency, rather than importance?

I struggled my whole life with being "lazy". As it turns out, laziness does not exist. Turns out I simply had low dopamine, which created a myriad of negative effects in my life. For me, the key was to build external support systems using personal automation so that I could show up & get my tasks done without fighting my environment on them. Which is why I love the Instapot lol.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
1. Are simple things hard for you?
2. Are you forgetful?
3. Do you work off urgency, rather than importance?

I'm looking at a solid 2 out of 3! :D

Of course it may not be ADHD at all I could just be old as fvck. :(

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
I'm looking at a solid 2 out of 3! :D

Of course it may not be ADHD at all I could just be old as fvck. :(

On the flip side, sometimes masking is involved with ADHD, so we may get hypervigilant about a task & "pre-crastinate" because we don't want to get caught unprepared!

Kaido

Feb 14, 2004
All hail the instapot!

My triple-Instapot setup is a lifesaver for my ADHD lol...I can get home & throw in frozen chicken into one for crack chicken, frozen broccoli, and frozen corn on the cob halves, hit the button, and voila, dinner!

• Haha
Reactions: Captante

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I sometimes wonder if I have ADHD. Some of the hyperactive stuff applies a lot to me. My biggest one is getting distracted. If I'm actually trying to work on something it's in 5 minute spurts, then I'll go on social media or something, then back to it, then get up, make coffee, or go for a walk, it's like I'm doing everything to avoid doing what I actually SHOULD be doing! I don't really remember being like this as a kid it's like it got worse as an adult. School was hard, adulting is easy, I think that's the reason. When I was in school I HAD to do my homework, I HAD to study, I HAD to do whatever my parents asked me etc. As an adult I can just get home and veg or do whatever I want. If I'm off I can sleep in etc. It's a blessing but a curse at the same time. I need to push myself more.

I can also get into a super hyperfocus mode though, then I will actually get stuff done. I get good days like that where at the end of the day it's like "wow I did a lot". Social media is probably my biggest weakness though, there's a whole thing about gray matter and instant gratification. Social media gives you that, but the instant gratification wanes fast, so you keep going for more. Accomplishing a more involved task takes a while to get the sense of accomplishment, but it lasts longer. I think of all the work I put into my house for example and look at the completed projects years later, and there is still a sense of accomplishment. The same with computer code. When I brush off a project to continue on it, or reuse some of my code I'll look at it and think "wow I can't believe I actually coded this!". My favourite is still when I converted my game server to store everything in MySQL instead of flat files. That was a huge feat of a project. It took 3 years... but let's not go there.

Speaking of which now might be a good time to actually go do an electrical job I've been wanting to do all week. I took my tools out and then never started on it. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. :p

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Hey all I need an adderall prescription for my ADHD-I. I am not a classic case of ADHD (Straight A's, teachers said it was 'impossible') but I have almost all the symptoms of low dopamine and ADHD. I have done alot of research.

I figure a powerful stimulant would be worth a shot.

So do you think my family doc will prescrible me adderall and what should I say?

You would need to talk to your family doctor, conselor or a psychiatrist. I found this answer on Google.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Better yet don't take Adderall at all.... might as well intentionally get hooked on "speed". (pharmaceutical meth)

Every ADHD "medication" is effectively a strong stimulant even those that are not classified as such and that type of drug isn't healthy at all physically long term.

What Are the Long-Term Effects of Adderall?

"If used for a long time, Adderall may lead to some serious side effects. These include addiction, heart problems, mental health problems, and slowed growth in children. Many people also wonder if Adderall can cause less-studied side effects, like sexual side effects and dementia."

(per Good-RX / 2021)

Last edited: