How do I get an adderall prescription?

puqdew

Banned
Jun 22, 2009
Hey all I need an adderall prescription for my ADHD-I. I am not a classic case of ADHD (Straight A's, teachers said it was 'impossible') but I have almost all the symptoms of low dopamine and ADHD. I have done alot of research.

Symptoms of Low Dopamine

Reduced ability to feel pleasure (True)
Flat, bored, apathetic and low enthusiasm (True)
Depressed (True)
Anxiety (True)
Low drive and motivation (True)
Difficulty getting through a task even when interesting (True)
Procrastinator/little urgency (True)
Difficulty paying attention and concentrating (True)
Slowed thinking and/or slow to learn new ideas (False)
Crave uppers (e.g. caffeine/nicotine/diet soft drinks) (True)
Prone to addictions (e.g. alcohol)/addictive personality (True)
Shy/introvert (True)
Low libido or impotence (False)
Mentally fatigued easily and physically fatigued easily (Mentally)
Sleep too much and trouble getting out of bed (True)
Put on weight easily (True)
Family history of alcoholism/ADD/ADHD (True)

I figure a powerful stimulant would be worth a shot.

So do you think my family doc will prescrible me adderall and what should I say?

Last edited:

Hacp

Lifer
Jun 8, 2005
Say you have trouble paying attention. You're easily distracted. You can't focus very well. Its affecting your social life and your performance in school. Could you give me something to help with that?

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
You don't want one. Read about amphetamine psychosis. Then realize that it actually happens to people - easily, before they or anyone else can stop it. I can't believe they prescribe that shit to children.

Bignate603

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
So you're diagnosing yourself off what you read on the internet?

Discuss your symptoms with your doctor and trust their opinion. If you aren't trusting your doctor's opinion you need a new doctor anyways.

TruePaige

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2006
Total crap that people have to go through this.

21+ age limit it and sell it over the counter.

Then people can stop blowing money on crappy three hour energy.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
i like how the symptoms of ADD or ADHD are basically the same as regular normal life

Pacfanweb

Lifer
Jan 2, 2000
Think long and hard about how taking meds like this can affect you long-term.

One is, and you might not have considered it, if you ever might join the military, having taken ADD meds disqualifies you. You have to apply for a waiver.

Might not mean anything to you, but there it is.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
if the doc thinks you needs the drugs, he'll give you a script. find a decent psychiatrist and/or psychologist and see.

most of the shitty ones will prescribe serious meds at the drop of a hat. you don't want them. a large portion of the phych meds out there are complete shit with little if any efficacy for the common problems they are prescribed for (ADD, depression, ect) are horrible side effects that you do not want.

plainly but, you don't want to put this kind of shit in your system for self-diagnosed mild ADHD.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Depends, some psychologists have a degree in pharmacy so they are allowed to prescribe drugs.

that is hardly ever the case.......
The difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist essentially is
A Psychologist’s Training
A psychologist is a person who has obtained extensive training in psychology when it comes to development psychology, learning theory, clinical psychology, social psychology, and abnormal psychology. A psychologist must also get clinical training and experience in a training program for post-graduate clinical psychology. Included in the education of a psychologist is psychodiagnosis as well as the treatment of both mental and emotional disorders. Another aspect of a psychologist's training is psychodiagnostic testing and research.

It generally takes five to seven years to complete a doctorate program for a psychologist and the majority of states require psychologists to complete a one of two year long internship in order for them to be granted their license to practice. Some states require even more than that- they make it a necessity for psychologists in training to complete a year or two of working under the close supervision of a qualified psychologist before they will be granted their full license to practice. Sometimes the terms “therapist” or “counselor” are used interchangeably when talking about a psychologist however other healthcare professionals such as social workers can be called these terms as well.

A Psychiatrist's Training
In order to become a psychiatrist, an individual must study for four years in medical school and take all of the same training that anyone wishing to become a doctor must take. Once the degree in medicine has been obtained the person must do a residency program that looks extensively at the psychodiagnosis as well as treatment of mental and emotionally related disorders. The residency program is a type of "on the job training" that is closely monitored and supervised by senior psychiatrists.

It is the medical training that a psychiatrist receives that makes it possible for him to prescribe medication for patients and when it is deemed necessary, to administer electroshock therapy treatments (also known as electroconvulsive therapy, ECT). Psychiatrists receive some training in the field of psychology but not a great deal. Psychiatrists study and are trained in the assessment, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of various mental illnesses. Some, but not all, psychiatrists take extra training in an area that they are interested in such as child psychiatry, adolescent psychiatry, geriatric psychiatry, addictions, etc,

As of late some states want to grant psychologists the right to prescribe medication for their patients. Louisiana and New Mexico have already accomplished this as psychologists in these states are able to write prescriptions for their patients but only after they first consult with a psychiatrist.

Oct 4, 2004
Those symptoms sound like the average shut-in gaming/Internet addict. How long have you had those symptoms? I'm just curious, not here to offer an educated opinion.

HeXploiT

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2004
I work in a minimum security teen correctional facility. probably one out of three of these kids are on antidepressants, or speed(for adhd).
The AMA and physicians today are so full of sh*t. Makes me angry to see the way they prescribe this stuff.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'd like to know how to get a Hookers and Blow prescription and get it Paid by Insurance.

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
Oh no, college kids will get A's on their tests!

You have no idea...they'll also all be manic depressants and unable to stay still unless they're pumping 1,000,000 mg of caffeine through their veins, or more adderall. it's also a major contributor to ambien addiction, at least among college students. It's downright terrifying what some kids around here will go through to get that shit.