How did you vote?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who did you vote for?

• Obama

• Romney

• Johnson

• Wrote in Ron Paul or other name

• Something else, or didn't vote.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
I saw someone post something on Facebook about how if Johnson gets 5% of the vote, it opens the Libertarian party to Federal funding... is that true?

Oh, and I probably won't vote until later tonight. I'll probably just end up disappointed that Mo Brooks will still be our senator, be on the science committee, and continue to make us look bad. :p

I'm just hoping that enough republicans like myself vote for Gary Johnson that its the difference between romney winning a state.
That would, hopefully, show those running the current republican party they are in the wrong and moving in the wrong direction.

If it also allows the Libertarian party to get federal funding that’s even better. Mind you both R/Ds are trying to get rid of federal funding now that so many Independents are getting close to the 5% mark now.

Feb 6, 2007
You mean their marketing campaigns? Watching every Coke and Pepsi commercial doesn't make you an informed consumer. Obvious answer to if you are or not is you aren't. You knew in advance who was running or what was being proposed and you ignored it because you probably felt it was insignificant?
I have intentionally avoided political advertising over the course of the past 8+ months; it sickens me. And yet, shockingly, I still have some idea of what to expect from Obama, having lived with him as President for the last 3 and a half years, and what to expect from Romney, having lived in Massachussetts while he was governor. It really speaks to your mindset that you think people are only capable of learning what a candidate believes through their political ads; grossly cynical, if I may say. But then again, that same desire to avoid political advertisements en toto is probably why I am not well informed on local issues, as I've been intentionally avoiding those ads as well. Still, I feel confident enough that I know the policies and platforms of the people running for President that I am willing to vote on the race.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
I'm just hoping that enough republicans like myself vote for Gary Johnson that its the difference between romney winning a state.
Me too :thumbsup:

As for myself, I voted for the white guy.

Last edited:

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
I just got back from the polling place, and after being undecided right up until the end, I went with straight libertarian ticket down the line.

I just can't give my vote to the dems or republicans in good conscience anymore.

You are simply a republican too ashamed to vote for your teabag rape party.

Btw, I voted Adama/Roslin.

JoeyP

Aug 2, 2012
My state is filled with mind-numbed Obama-bot zealots who are incapable of independent thought, and robotically vote democrat No Matter What.

Voting for Romney would be a non-vote, so I voted Libertarian to send a message. Hopefully, others will, too.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
i voted gary johnson....everywhere else, libertarian where I could, republican where i couldnt. for local/state measures I voted NO on any new taxes and generally for things that limited government

If you voted Republican, then you weren't voting to limit government.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
If you voted Republican, then you weren't voting to limit government.

He said where he couldnt choose libertarian.

And Republicans only wanna expand government half as fast as Democrats.
So that like the classic lesser of two evils libtards keep pushing.
:rolleyes:

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
I drove a cool 80+ to the polling location on my lunch break only to find that I'd have to wait in line for at least an hour in order to vote.

If that's how it is all the time, perhaps the 6th should be a federal holiday or make alot more voting machines available or something.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
here in my neighborhood you cant vote, there are republicans on the street corners shooting potential obama voters with beanbag guns

airdata

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2010
here in my neighborhood you cant vote, there are republicans on the street corners shooting potential obama voters with beanbag guns

I was going to vote for Gary Johnson... so I'll just put an imaginary tally up there if they even mention his name tonight.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
548892_549869931709131_2136965340_n.png

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
I didn't vote. Out of 40 people here, only 8 voted. I attribute it mostly to the fact that most military members claim as their home of record a state that doesn't have a state income tax. Those states tend to be solidly red, and due to the electoral college your vote is meaningless.

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
I just got back from the polling place, and after being undecided right up until the end, I went with straight libertarian ticket down the line.

I just can't give my vote to the dems or republicans in good conscience anymore.

I usually vote republican but I voted for Gary Johnson. I'm hopeing republicans will see how many voted for Johnson and change the party. Doubt it will happen but can only hope.

My sentiments exactly.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
You are simply a republican too ashamed to vote for your teabag rape party.

Ha, nice assumptions there.

Actually my presidential voting record is:

Gore
Kerry
Obama
Johnson

I've been a registered democrat my whole life until this year. I've never been a republican, and never will be. I simply became aware finally of the ways in which my former fellow liberals are just as stupid and full of shit as the conservatards are.

Druidx

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Voted for Gary Johnson , but Romney will easily when my state. If my state was a swing state, I would have voted Romney.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
I voted repub for some and dem for others. Depends on the person, not the party IMO.