How did you vote?

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Geosurface, Nov 6, 2012.

?

Who did you vote for?

1. Obama

2. Romney

3. Johnson

4. Wrote in Ron Paul or other name

5. Something else, or didn't vote.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. bfdd

bfdd Lifer

You didn't take two hours out of your time to read up on everything on the ballot, most of which directly impacts you yet you think you know enough of the two presidential candidates? You basically said you couldn't be fucked to go outside the box, so I'm to believe you're informed about grander schemes? Please that's just arrogant ignorance on your part. Btw I have avoided all the local ads as well. I was the props and did my own research on it all. I skipped voting for many candidates simply because I didn't agree with them or their competition.

2. Steeplerot

Steeplerot Lifer

wtf no Jill Stein? She creamed GJ in the debates. Figures. Damn P&N liberal bias.

3. nextJin

nextJin Golden Member

Ron Paul being the Republican nominee would have this poll at 60 - 61 in favor of Obama.

Assuming Gary Johnson didn't run and the LP sat this one out.

4. bfdd

bfdd Lifer

Jill Stein is cool, but I disagree with you sentiment that she tooled him in the debates. Unless you love statism and someone else being the guiding force in your life. If Stein ran her own charity I would donate to it, But I don't want to be forcibly subjected to her experiment. Then again I'm a crazy guy who believes we should ask people to voluntary participate.

5. TheVrolok

TheVrolok Lifer

To be fair, he voted for his best possible interests. Sure, voting for Johnson would have been his ideal, but there is absolutely no chance of his being elected. Sure you can waive for pompoms about and argue ideals, but if it will be either Obama or Romney that will win this election (and it will be), then it makes far more practical sense to choose between the two who best suits his interests. He did that. Being pragmatic isn't "fucking" one's principles.

6. JEDIYoda

JEDIYoda Lifer

I for one approve of your message -- 4 more years for Obama!!! Way to go!!!!

7. shortylickens

shortylickens No Lifer

I have seen MUCH better pics than that.

8. Nintendesert

Nintendesert Diamond Member

I voted via mail in ballot. I didn't see that as an option in the poll.

9. bfdd

bfdd Lifer

How is it pragmatic? It's not using logic and experience instead of ideals to enact change, it's caving to the status quo because you're not pragmatic enough to be principled. Either way he's voting against his best interest, he's willing to settle for less because it hassles him to get his way. That's a big issue with why we keep getting shit. Because people are either uninformed consumers or are to willing to settle for less. This is absolutely the reason for small near nonexistent Federal Government because we need to get away from such great force ruling us.

10. Atomic Playboy

I didn't have a voter's pamphlet, just a copy of the straight text of measures and a list of candidate's names (we just moved and the voter's pamphlet stayed behind with our former roommate). I wasn't going to just vote for people because they had a (D) after their name, and I read the text of the measures; if I couldn't decipher the legalese, I abstained from voting on that issue. I didn't have time to go get another voter's pamphlet (like I said, in the process of moving), and even if I did, just voting based off other people's recommendations doesn't seem much better than abstaining.

But, whatever. I'm sorry I'm not the well-informed voter you think I ought to be. I try to balance that out by intentionally not voting on the issues I'm ignorant of. I hope that's good enough for your delicate sensibilities. If it isn't, I don't honestly care; this is America, people can vote how they want. At least I'm not loudly proclaiming that a candidate is a secret Kenyan Muslim and voting a straight party ticket despite having no familiarity with any of the names on the ballot. A partially informed electorate is surely preferable to an uninformed electorate, no?

11. Hayabusa Rider

Hayabusa Rider Elite Member

That is so awesome. :D

12. Nintendesert

Nintendesert Diamond Member

Too bad you didn't vote. :colbert:

13. Hayabusa Rider

Hayabusa Rider Elite Member

Locally, yes.

14. MagnusTheBrewer

Those complaining about the lesser of two evils, obviously didn't vote in 1968 or 1972.

15. Baked

Baked Lifer

I wanted to vote for Romney. I stood at the voting booth for a good 5 minutes, then I voted for Obama. It's black magic. Son of a bitch! We're gonna be handing out free money for the next 4 year again...

16. MagnusTheBrewer

Uninformed and proud of it! You go, girl. That's what makes America great! o_O

17. Atomic Playboy

Partially informed, not uninformed. I didn't vote on the issues I know I'm uninformed on. Why is this such a difficult concept for people to grasp? "YOU MUST KNOW EVERY ISSUE ON THE BALLOT OR DON'T VOTE FOR ANYTHING AT ALL." Because America.

18. MagnusTheBrewer

Because none of us knew any of the issues on the ballot before three days ago, amirite? Thinking that you're somehow doing the right thing by not voting on issues you don't know about is lame on the face of it. Admit to yourself that you fucked up and make sure to do better next time around. Sound good?

19. Atomic Playboy

No. I'm not going to vote on things that I simply don't care about, and I don't care about who is running for county water district commissioner number 2. I don't have to explain my voting mentality to you. But would you really rather I just randomly filled in bubbles on my ballot for issues I'm uninformed on just so I can say I completed the whole thing? This isn't the SAT, you don't get credit for guessing.

20. MagnusTheBrewer

You're focusing on the ballot issues instead of the issue of YOUR not taking time to examine the issues on a ballot you've known about forever. I don't care about your voting "mentality." It's clear you don't give a damn about the election so, why bother voting at all? This is YOUR *** up not, our misunderstanding of why you can't take an hour or two out of neffing to understand the issues facing our country. I have to believe you half ass your way through the rest of your life as well. Grow up and take some responsibility.

21. Atomic Playboy

The important thing is I voted. I didn't do it the way you would've preferred, but hey, that's why democracy is great. So let's not bicker, it's not going to change anything regardless. Cheers, sir.

:beer:

22. OBLAMA2009

OBLAMA2009 Diamond Member

i ended up not voting. i california it wouldnt have mattered anyway