How did you vote?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Who did you vote for?

• Obama

• Romney

• Johnson

• Wrote in Ron Paul or other name

• Something else, or didn't vote.

Results are only viewable after voting.

IGemini

Platinum Member
Nov 5, 2010
Couldn't vote. It was crazy-busy during the deadlines, didn't register in my new state until last week.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
touchscreen device

we had these:

1z4ljsn.jpg

with big ass signs all around them saying "THIS IS NOT A TOUCHSCREEN DEVICE"

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
My lady and I voted Gary Johnson. He's the only candidate who represents me.

ZaneNBK

Golden Member
Sep 14, 2000
What will be funny with this thread is that after 24 hours Obama will win this poll. However if you combine the Johnson and Romney totals the Republicans would have won.

What if Paul had been the nominee?

We will never know, and as I have said over and over.

GOP: Burn it to the ground.

That's assuming that people voting for Johnson would've voted for Romney over Obama if those were the only two options and write-ins weren't allowed. I'm voting for Johnson when I go later today but I'd rather see Obama be re-elected than see Romney. Romney/Ryan is almost as bad as McCain/Palin (voted Obama that election). If the Republicans could pull a half-decent candidate/ticket out of their ass (which is apparently where their heads are lately) then I'd vote for them.

Voting Johnson this time as I'm not happy with Obama's performance and Romney is full of shit. Obama is full of shit as well but Romney seems to be going for some kind of world record.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
I wanted to vote for Johnson, but I'm in a battleground state, so I couldn't afford to help Romney out, so I voted for Obama.

jayzds

Nov 21, 2006
Voted for Romney...was debating for Johnson but I had to go against Obama.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
That's assuming that people voting for Johnson would've voted for Romney over Obama if those were the only two options and write-ins weren't allowed. I'm voting for Johnson when I go later today but I'd rather see Obama be re-elected than see Romney. Romney/Ryan is almost as bad as McCain/Palin (voted Obama that election). If the Republicans could pull a half-decent candidate/ticket out of their ass (which is apparently where their heads are lately) then I'd vote for them.

Voting Johnson this time as I'm not happy with Obama's performance and Romney is full of shit. Obama is full of shit as well but Romney seems to be going for some kind of world record.

Some of us wouldn't have voted. I had planned on sitting this one out until Gary Johnson got LP nom and was going to be on a lot of ballots. I would never vote for romney , I've been a hater before being a hatred was cool.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Voted for Obama. My 401K's up 11.7% YTD among many other positive things.

Good times!

Feb 6, 2007
Voted for Obama and a couple local people. Left the majority of my ballot blank because I was uninformed about the issues/candidates.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
What will be funny with this thread is that after 24 hours Obama will win this poll. However if you combine the Johnson and Romney totals the Republicans would have won.

What if Paul had been the nominee?

We will never know, and as I have said over and over.

GOP: Burn it to the ground.

You apparently have some company in your thinking:

The Washington Post - Interviews with swing-state voters: The Ron Paul-voter who’s backing Obama

From now until election day, Wonkblog will be interviewing voters from swing states about how they view the election. We will be interviewing both decided and undecided voters. You can see the rest of the interviews here.

David Gammon, 61, is a registered Republican from Laconia, N.H.. He is a building contractor and former Laconia city councilor who is voting for Obama. We spoke about the election on Wednesday afternoon. Here’s our conversation, lightly edited for length and clarity.

When was the last time that you voted for a Republican, in a presidential race or otherwise?

I voted for Reagan. I don’t believe—I might have voted for Bush the first time around, but definitely not the second time. My views are more in line with Ron Paul, which is who I voted for in the primary in New Hampshire. And that’s another thing I wasn’t happy with, Romney shutting out Ron Paul at the Republican convention.

Do you still consider yourself a Republican?

Yeah, I do. I have leanings toward the libertarian side. I’ve been registered as a Republican for at least 20 years.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Voted for Obama and a couple local people. Left the majority of my ballot blank because I was uninformed about the issues/candidates.

Why the fuck didnt you learn about the fucking issues/candidates?
THIS GOD DAMN ELECTION HAS HAD MORE COVERAGE THAN ANY BEFORE!
ASSMUNCH!!
:mad:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I saw someone post something on Facebook about how if Johnson gets 5% of the vote, it opens the Libertarian party to Federal funding... is that true?

Oh, and I probably won't vote until later tonight. I'll probably just end up disappointed that Mo Brooks will still be our senator, be on the science committee, and continue to make us look bad. :p

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007

So you feel you're up to date enough on the issues of the USA and the world as a whole, so you vote for president. Yet you don't feel you're informed enough about the world directly around you to vote for all your local stuff? You are an uninformed voter and you probably should have just sat this one out. How can you think you can make an even bigger decision pertaining to far more people and far more things if you're so uninformed that you won't vote on the little things?

^ this is the case for most people and even more of the reason I support a small non interventionist federal government.

Feb 6, 2007
So you feel you're up to date enough on the issues of the USA and the world as a whole, so you vote for president. Yet you don't feel you're informed enough about the world directly around you to vote for all your local stuff? You are an uninformed voter and you probably should have just sat this one out. How can you think you can make an even bigger decision pertaining to far more people and far more things if you're so uninformed that you won't vote on the little things?

^ this is the case for most people and even more of the reason I support a small non interventionist federal government.
I have a stronger interest in national politics than local politics, and I consider myself much better informed about politics on a national stage than a local one. I haven't heard of some of my local representatives, but I have been familiar with Obama and Romney for 6+ years. I feel very comfortable that I know what each candidate represents, certainly moreso than a couple people running for some district commissioner seat. So, no, I don't see your point.

xBiffx

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2011
I wiped my ass with my ballot. Would be interesting to see how it got scored. :p

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009

Oh I know, there are tens of thousands of Paul supporters who are actively trying to sabotage the GOP now.

All they had to do was play by the rules and maybe just maybe they would have gotten our vote. Paul was never going to win, but to actively try and fuck him over pissed us off so now hopefully we can return the favor.

If Romney wins so be it, but if he loses and we could have gotten him the nomination I am going to rub it in their faces until it hurts.

Fuck the GOP, adapt or die.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I have a stronger interest in national politics than local politics, and I consider myself much better informed about politics on a national stage than a local one. I haven't heard of some of my local representatives, but I have been familiar with Obama and Romney for 6+ years. I feel very comfortable that I know what each candidate represents, certainly moreso than a couple people running for some district commissioner seat. So, no, I don't see your point.

You mean their marketing campaigns? Watching every Coke and Pepsi commercial doesn't make you an informed consumer. Obvious answer to if you are or not is you aren't. You knew in advance who was running or what was being proposed and you ignored it because you probably felt it was insignificant?

Also, I have never been registered with a political party and I will never associate myself with one. I can support candidates, people, but not products and/or their pimps. Democrat or Republican party doesn't matter, different heads of the same hydra. We've been poisoned by them.

Last edited: