• Romney

• Johnson

• Wrote in Ron Paul or other name

• Something else, or didn't vote.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
I just got back from the polling place, and after being undecided right up until the end, I went with straight libertarian ticket down the line.

I just can't give my vote to the dems or republicans in good conscience anymore.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
I just got back from the polling place, and after being undecided right up until the end, I went with straight libertarian ticket down the line.

I just can't give my vote to the dems or republicans in good conscience anymore.

You should have voted Obama to fuck over the Republicans.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
All libertarian, even had to write-in on most positions.

Also for the few measures that came up, I voted for things that generally limited the power of politicians.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Romney has been so spectacularly successful as a wealth creator at Bain (well, for him at least) that the only patriotic choice is to send him back to the private sector, so I'ma 'bout to vote the straight Kenyan Kommie ticket. :biggrin:

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
What will be funny with this thread is that after 24 hours Obama will win this poll. However if you combine the Johnson and Romney totals the Republicans would have won.

What if Paul had been the nominee?

We will never know, and as I have said over and over.

GOP: Burn it to the ground.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I find I cannot bring myself to support this travesty posing as choice. I object to what has become a farce and as a matter of conscience I pass.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
I usually vote republican but I voted for Gary Johnson. I'm hopeing republicans will see how many voted for Johnson and change the party. Doubt it will happen but can only hope.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
I find I cannot bring myself to support this travesty posing as choice. I object to what has become a farce and as a matter of conscience I pass.

220px-Marco_palmezzano,_crocifissione_degli_Uffizi.jpg

Nov 29, 2006
I dont vote anyone after enlightening myself on the whole electrol college process.

Straight popular vote or DIE!!

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000

Do you not have any local elections also on the ballot? At least vote for your representative. This election sickens me as well and I may write in Willie Nelson for president... but I will still take the other contests a little more serious.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
I usually vote republican but I voted for Gary Johnson. I'm hopeing republicans will see how many voted for Johnson and change the party. Doubt it will happen but can only hope.

i voted gary johnson....everywhere else, libertarian where I could, republican where i couldnt. for local/state measures I voted NO on any new taxes and generally for things that limited government

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
In person-first time in almost a decade as I've previously been doing volunteer poll monitoring (this year I have a work conflict that I couldn't change). Feels much more substantive than filling out an absentee ballot but count me as old fashioned-the voting booths with the levels and curtain were the real way to vote.

BTW-I went at the busiest time of the day and it was ten minutes in and out. Thank god I live in a state not ruled by obstructionists.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I was shocked when I voted. The last couple of elections there were hardly any republicans on the ballot. This time Republicans were running for every office. So I voted straight Republican and no on retention of all judges except one guy. When one party has been in office for like 30 years they have already hired every relative on earth. Once in a while we should just change the people running things to clean out the system.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005

I voted for Obama, but only because of Potential SCOTUS picks.

I think legislatively mitt and Obama would be similar regardless of what they say.

I hope Gary gets a lot of votes I think it would demonstrate Americans waking from the slumber and rejecting corp sponsored duopoly.

I voted to legalize weed in wa. ;)

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I've done that in each of the last two elections. This time I went third-party. Even if I disagree with a lot of what the third-party candidate stands for, it's a vote against the status quo of suckage.