How could anyone kill his baby son? (edit) the bastard made bail

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
Apology accepted; I normally wouldn't have jumped like that, but I haven't slept since finding out about the whole thing, I'm extremely upset, and admittedly jumpy right now
:beer:

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: luvly
Nan0bug, ignore the insults. You have every reason to question the story as presented, especially when it assumes the guilt of the accused.

Sorry, Flatline, but I think it's a bad idea to make the subject the presumption of one's guilt. You open room for the loss of your relative to be forgotten. Don't assume someone's guilt and expect everyone else to accept it without evidence presented. This man's trial has not even begun!

This isn't a court room. This is one person's account of what happened. You have no legal training. You are not a lawyer, you are not a judge, you are not a cop, you are not a detective... please quit acting like one.

Thank You

nan0bug

Banned
Apr 22, 2003
Nan0bug, ignore the insults. You have every reason to question the story as presented, especially when it assumes the guilt of the accused.

Sorry, Flatline, but I think it's a bad idea to make the subject the presumption of one's guilt. You open room for the loss of your relative to be forgotten. Don't assume someone's guilt and expect everyone else to accept it without evidence presented. This man's trial has not even began!

I've been ignoring them since the last time I responded. It just dawned on me that Millenium has a crush on me, and is following me around now to start arguments with me in every thread he can. Its flattering, really.

I also agree. While evidence may point towards it being open-and-shut, I think you should leave it to the professionals to figure out if he is guilty or not. Not saying you aren't entitled to your opinions, or to be suspicious, but think about what it would feel like if you were him and you -didn't- kill him, and everyone in your family believed you did anyway.

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
Luvly, the involvement of the father is part of what is so disturbing about what happened. I would have been heartbroken by the loss of my cousin in any event (obviously), but it shook me to the core that the father was responsible. It would have shaken me to find that anyone had beaten a 3 month old baby to death, but one of the parents...I have no words for it.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Millennium

Sorry, Flatline, but I think it's a bad idea to make the subject the presumption of one's guilt. You open room for the loss of your relative to be forgotten. Don't assume someone's guilt and expect everyone else to accept it without evidence presented. This man's trial has not even begun!

This isn't a court room. This is one person's account of what happened. You have no legal training. You are not a lawyer, you are not a judge, you are not a cop, you are not a detective... please quit acting like one.

Thank You
But luvly's thinking about going into law someday!
rolleye.gif

imported_Papi

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2002

nuff said

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
If evidence is found that he is innocent, I will accept it happily. The world would make a lot more sense to me if that were somehow the case.

Flatline

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2001
By the way Luvly, if nan0bug had just requested a link instead of "calling bullsh!t" I would have been more than happy to post one. Like I said earlier, I took offense to what that implied; it has also since been cleared up as much as possible.