How come we don't have a Tiger Woods thread yet?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
What bothers me about this Tiger Woods incident is the amount of publicity that it's getting. Who cares? Why should it be the lead story on the national news? Surely something of greater consequence must be going on in the world.

I find the amount of coverage this story is receiving to be offensive. It would be nice of the news channels would report some real news and not this crap.

Makes people feel better seeing someone at the top of their game fall. So it sells. Makes people feel not so bad about their shitty job, shitty household, shitty fat ass wife or beer gutted husband who won't fuck her no more, shitty neighborhood, and bratty kids. Just look at the people buying National Enquirer and the like in supermarket that will tell you a lot. Same Audience.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Tiger Woods... hmmm I don't think I ever heard of them... I've used Cobra since they had their plant in Sorrento Valley.

But, if them two good lookin ladies in the OP use Tiger Woods... well, ... Nah... too old to change now. ;)

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
That top one is not good looking. When will women learn plastic surgery ADDS 10 years?

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
For once, I agree with shira. This really shouldn't be a big deal, except that it involves one of the most famous men in the world. That, and he's made it infinitely worse by not coming out and clearing the air, hiding behind statements from lawyers, publicists,agents.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I always thought he was smarter than this...

1. His wife is super hot.

2. This fame whore chick has also played a few rounds with Jeter and A-Rod.

3. However this ends up, his reputation is going to be permanently sullied.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

MrEgo

Jan 17, 2003
and a golfer shouldn't be getting paid millions to endorse products that have nothing to do with golf, but that's the way the world works when you decide to become a public figure and shape a career around your image.

If you pay Tiger $100 million to market a product and he generates $200 million in profit then he deserves whatever he gets paid.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
If you pay Tiger $100 million to market a product and he generates $200 million in profit then he deserves whatever he gets paid.
sure. but the whole reason that works is because people are interested in him both inside and outside of his golfing career.

thus, if Woods is willing to take advantage of his public image to make bank, shouldn't he also have to accept the downsides of being a public figure (ie: everyone discussing your personal life)?

JKing106

Platinum Member
Mar 19, 2009
Makes people feel better seeing someone at the top of their game fall. So it sells. Makes people feel not so bad about their shitty job, shitty household, shitty fat ass wife or beer gutted husband who won't fuck her no more, shitty neighborhood, and bratty kids. Just look at the people buying National Enquirer and the like in supermarket that will tell you a lot. Same Audience.

+++

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
sure. but the whole reason that works is because people are interested in him both inside and outside of his golfing career.

thus, if Woods is willing to take advantage of his public image to make bank, shouldn't he also have to accept the downsides of being a public figure (ie: everyone discussing your personal life)?

Absolutely. I always laugh about celebrities who complain about their lack of privacy. For me I don't think any marital issues are the business of anyone outside those involved but if they lead to injury and property damage it is no longer a 'private' thing. The thing that bothers me about this situation is how it was handled. If this was Joe Sixpack would it have been handled the same way? I'm thinking no way.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
News flash!!! New fire hydrant installed!!!

626bbb55-ffa2-43b9-b8d5-2230880ca774.jpg

I particularly like the hydrant's green and white color scheme. Kinda goes with the foliage and the trim on the house.

But why is that hazard-warning thingy sitting beside the new hydrant? Is there a critical danger of wet paint? Or perhaps it's a warning that the hydrant's position has been shifted slightly, a strategic move intended to reduce the chance of future, er, golf-club-induced accidents.

Anyway, good to know the authorities are on top of the situation.

Sep 12, 2004
News flash!!! New fire hydrant installed!!!

626bbb55-ffa2-43b9-b8d5-2230880ca774.jpg

I particularly like the hydrant's green and white color scheme. Kinda goes with the foliage and the trim on the house.

But why is that hazard-warning thingy sitting beside the new hydrant? Is there a critical danger of wet paint? Or perhaps it's a warning that the hydrant's position has been shifted slightly, a strategic move intended to reduce the chance of future, er, golf-club-induced accidents.

Anyway, good to know the authorities are on top of the situation.
It's actually green and silver. It's a standard color scheme for hydrants in Orange County, Fl.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
What bothers me about this Tiger Woods incident is the amount of publicity that it's getting. Who cares? Why should it be the lead story on the national news? Surely something of greater consequence must be going on in the world.

I find the amount of coverage this story is receiving to be offensive. It would be nice of the news channels would report some real news and not this crap.

Totally 100% agree. It's a low damage single car accident that he took full responsibility for.

I've seen speculation on the major news channels that his injuries really came from his wife beating on him. It makes me sick that the news hounds/groupies feel compelled to pry into Wood's life to such an extreme extent. I don't think this is being driven by the public's desire to know, it is being driven by the news hounds looking for splashy dirt. From here on out, whenever any station comes on with this story I will surf away.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
It's actually green and silver. It's a standard color scheme for hydrants in Orange County, Fl.

I apologize for my error, and deeply regret the offense I may inadvertently have caused the Orange Country public-works color-coordinator.

Carmen813

Diamond Member
May 18, 2007
This is all Obama's fault. If only he hadn't forged his birth certificate to win a presidential election and passed this stupid stimulus bill, the fire hydrant would never have been built in the first place and Tiger Woods wouldn't have had to worry about it.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Totally 100% agree. It's a low damage single car accident that he took full responsibility for.

I've seen speculation on the major news channels that his injuries really came from his wife beating on him. It makes me sick that the news hounds/groupies feel compelled to pry into Wood's life to such an extreme extent. I don't think this is being driven by the public's desire to know, it is being driven by the news hounds looking for splashy dirt. From here on out, whenever any station comes on with this story I will surf away.

It's funny that the guy who splashes his mug all over everything under the sun for insane amounts of cash suddenly expects everyone to ignore him when he finally does something interesting.

Take the good with the bad, baby. I won't shed any tears for the dude with ten figures.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Bullshit

If I hit a hydrant and a tree at 2:30am my ass would be in jail

What are you his lawyer, publicist doing damage control?

Uh, how could you be in jail, last I heard if it's your own PROPERTY, you can hit just about anything you want...Well, maybe you can't run over people on your own private property but with that exception you can do just about anything.

This is all just a bunch of shit that is making mountains out of moll hills. But what else is new? Might as well just read the Star or the Enquirer since this really isn't news...

AND...AND I could give a shit less! :D

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
OMG! Another "other" woman. Meet Jaimee Grubbs

jaimee-grubbs.jpg

Jaimee Grubbs sees the sweet and caring side of her tool boyfriend Shawn and can't help but love him. His other qualities are much less appealing to her. Jaimee Grubbs is tired of being treated as just arm candy and wishes Shawn would show an interest in her life. Jaimee Grubbs is looking to the "Tool Academy" to break through to Shawn and give him a much needed reality check.
My, my, my. All Jaimee wants is love. Perhaps Shawn would be more attentive if Jaimee HADN'T BEEN TIGER'S SEX TOY FOR THE PAST 31 MONTHS!!!!

But what do I know?

You heard it here first, ATPN'ers.

Last edited:

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
OMG! Another "other" woman. Meet Jaimee Grubbs

jaimee-grubbs.jpg

My, my, my. All Jaimee wants is love. Perhaps Shawn would be more attentive if Jaimee hadn't been Tiger's sex toy for the past 31 months. But what do I know?

You heard it first here, ATPN'ers.

What happened to her face? What a horrible car wreck that must have been.

Sep 12, 2004
I apologize for my error, and deeply regret the offense I may inadvertently have caused the Orange Country public-works color-coordinator.
Message passed along. The Orange County public works color coordinator sends his condolences regarding your color blindness handicap.

poohbear

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2003
oh please. its ridiculous that we're living w/ these archaic christian morals that being w/ 1 woman the REST of ur life is normal. ITS NOT!!!! divorce rates are through the roof when u give people the option to get divorced. The guy hasn't neglected his family, he just wanted to have a little fun and he's labeled as a demon.

they're all hypocrites anyways, sex before marriage is a sin but how many Christians have girl/boyfriends??

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Just watched the noon news and they say Tiger Wood's is hinting, on his website, that he has personal failings, that all but admits an affair.

But going back to the above picture of the driveway, I can somewhat understand how Wood's could have hit the hydrant, but where is the tree he hit next?

My other point is that even someone who has a suspended drivers license for drunk driving could legally drive on his own property, ram into his own trees and house, but as soon as he hits a public property fire hydrant, or allows his car onto a public road, the police have jurisdiction. And the right to keep the accident private is lost.

I am sure that if this had happened to some nobody, this incident would have never made the news, but because Tiger Woods is famous, it becomes national news.

Last edited: