How can I mount this?

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I need to mount something thats approximately 10 Lbs to a wall, but I cant screw or nail anything into the wall. So I need some sort of adhesive which can be removed approximately a year later and wont leave damage to the wall. Any ideas?

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
Suspend it from the cealing with fishing line 50lb test or so the adheare to the wall with whatever you want ;)

GtPrOjEcTX

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: JRock
Suspend it from the cealing with fishing line 50lb test or so the adheare to the wall with whatever you want ;)
actually that isn't that bad of an idea if you combined the two. hang it from the ceiling and use normal adhesive to stick it to the wall so it won't sway and the gravity won't be fighting the adhesive.

Skiguy411

Platinum Member
Dec 4, 2002
Well you could mount it with screws/nail into the wall and then when you are done, patch the holes up with that drywall stuff(cant think of stuff's name right now)

JRock

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: GtPrOjEcTX
Originally posted by: JRock
actually that isn't that bad of an idea if you combined the two. hang it from the ceiling and use normal adhesive to stick it to the wall so it won't sway and the gravity won't be fighting the adhesive.

hehe ;)

jessicak

Aug 15, 2003
Originally posted by: werk
Velcro. I'm serious. Get the heavy-duty sheets from home depot. It works great.

No it doesn't work that well. I tried to hang something that was about 5 lbs and i used like 2 feet of that stuff anf it fell off.

kenshorin

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: jmcoreymv
I need to mount something thats approximately 10 Lbs...

I need to mount something too... she's about 105lbs though... ;)

On a more serious note, sorry, can't help ya.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
What kind of wall and where is it?

If it's in an apartment, they usually don't mind screw/nail holes as long as you patch them with spackling before you leave.

jmcoreymv

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It a university oncampus apartment. The apartments are brand new and when they do their fire hazard inspections theyll get pissed if they find screws in the wall.

sd

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2000
why can't nail or screw(easy people)? Ya live in an apartment? If so, they usually don't mind a few minor holes, b/c they usually paint before someone new moves in.

OffTopic1

Golden Member
Feb 12, 2004

Use lots of double sided tape, then remove with a plastic/nylon bone tool & gently pry it apart. Finish with eraser it off then us adhesive remover.

KingNothing

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2002
It a university oncampus apartment. The apartments are brand new and when they do their fire hazard inspections theyll get pissed if they find screws in the wall.

Where I live they just charge you a small fine for putting holes in the wall, but the maintenance guy said I can fill them in myself and I won't get charged. They paint the rooms anyway after you move out.

That said, a few 3M Command Adhesive strips will hold your object just fine and not leave a mark on the wall.

Dec 28, 2001
I need to mount something thats approximately 10 Lbs to a wall, but I cant screw or nail anything into the wall. So I need some sort of adhesive which can be removed approximately a year later and wont leave damage to the wall. Any ideas?

Does this happen to be anythign martial-arts related? A makiwara board/punching square perhaps?