How can I build a silent system where (PWM) fans stop spinning on low temps?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Watercooling or Aircooling

• Watercooling

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Also, I have some experience running "lower end" hardware, inside a big, spacious ATX case, WITHOUT a fan. No, I don't recommend it. It STILL doesn't cool "enough". You NEED a case fan, period. At least, that's been my experience. Even a lower-speed one. At least, SOMETHING to move air.

I agree. Something has to move the air.

Back in the early to mid 2000s, Dell had a prebuilt that only had a CPU fan and power supply to move all the air in the case. They had a plastic shroud from the CPU to the rear of the case to take the CPU heat out.

Everything was fine and dandy until you added a video card. They would then routinely BSOD due to the heat build-up.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I know I told this story before. Guy from the gas company visits to test the house for leaks about 8 years ago. Same number of computers, but running 24/7 for some of them at that time. All with intake filtering.

So he's getting ready to leave, and says "well! You've got the cleanest air in your house that I've seen all year in the city!"

So keep the air moving, I say.