Housing Bailout Bill hidden clause: Track All Credit Card Data

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: brandonb
Originally posted by: TechAZ
Its pretty scary. Big brother indeed. I've already been buying ammo though. I'm up to 1000 shells of .223 and 1000 shells for 9mm, and own 3 guns.

I had no guns 4 years ago and I've been preparing. Not to use against terrorists, but my own government. Odd how that happened. I've also lost 60 pounds of fat and gained 20 pounds of muscle (yes I dieted and lost my fat, then started lifting once I hit my goal weight.)

You have a good start. Only thing you're missing is the trip to the Psychiatrist.

Right, because those who fear their government are kooky. I suppose Jews were kooky in 1939 Berlin. Yep. They were! Ha ha! You got me.

Godwin on page one...tsk, people are so impatient these days. When the IRS starts rounding up dissidents and shipping them off give me a call.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Another thing this does is hurt small businesses who have a hard time affording the costs of providing this information to the government. You know, as if invading our privacy isn't bad enough.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: jonks
Its pretty scary. Big brother indeed. I've already been buying ammo though. I'm up to 1000 shells of .223 and 1000 shells for 9mm, and own 3 guns.

I had no guns 4 years ago and I've been preparing. Not to use against terrorists, but my own government. Odd how that happened. I've also lost 60 pounds of fat and gained 20 pounds of muscle (yes I dieted and lost my fat, then started lifting once I hit my goal weight.)

You have a good start. Only thing you're missing is the trip to the Psychiatrist.

Right, because those who fear their government are kooky. I suppose Jews were kooky in 1939 Berlin. Yep. They were! Ha ha! You got me.

Godwin on page one...tsk, people are so impatient these days. When the IRS starts rounding up dissidents and shipping them off give me a call.

Yes, please, when it's too late to do anything about it, someone, please give jonks a phone call letting him know, so he can do something about.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: jonks

Yes, please, when it's too late to do anything about it, someone, please give jonks a phone call letting him know, so he can do something about.

We've entered the realm of the paranoid, but indulge me, how is it too late to act when we witness the govt hauling off large groups of citizens? Isn't that the perfect time to act, to resist with force if necessary? Because any time before that, claims that the gov't will haul people away will sound like the insane ramblings that they are.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: Deleted member 4644
Originally posted by: Fern
-snip-

I'm glad you can dismiss this as "mostly a convenience thing."

There are a LOT of things that would be "convenient" for the government, but we don't allow it because it would totally destroy the nature of our republic.

It doesn't change what the government (IRS) can get, as you seem to think. It changes how they get it.

Fern

And you don't see the problem with that?

It's like creating a law that says the government can search your home. Your defense would be that they could do it before with a warranty anyway, so what's the difference?

Bad anology IMO.

The IRS doesn't need a warrent to audit you or get your info for taxes, unlike searching your home.

So, unlike in your example, I don't see how the 4th Amendment is being circumvented.

If it were a 4th Amendment issue, Congress can NOT circumvent it. That would require another Constitutional Amendment and all that it entails. I.e., Congress cannot pass a law overriding any part of the Constitution.

Although the only 4th type concerns I see mentioned are in here, if some one else decides they can always challenge it in court. But I haven't been able to find anybody else who has the concerns that some here do. Might that be indicative of something? (it ain't a valid complaint or I suck at teh search)

Fern

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

I hope this is true, because it's really, really funny.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I thought this was for relaying the information to state governments to help make the cases for prosecution of various tax cheats.