House Speaker election/circus/all ages carnival - ongoing coverage

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
This hasn't happened in almost exactly 100 years.

There's one chica with black hair who looks like an extra from The Serpent Queen

Feb 4, 2009
This probably hasn't happened in a 100 years either:

Good, all those turds can’t be trusted and they appeared to be incapable of even throwing out an olive branch. Even if they did their reputations are they’ll never honor any agreement. Fuck him and all of them.

Prediction, if this goes past tomorrow we will have a former President Trump as the speaker and it will be a shot show of epic proportions.

Reactions: Pohemi and cytg111

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The one thing that stuck out through this rolling big mess is the question someone asked: "Where the hell is Trump?" So yeah, where the f**k is the Leader of the Republican Party in all of this? Isn't he supposed to sort'a be a discrete referee in all of those chicken fights going on all over the floor of the House? lol

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
The one thing that stuck out through this rolling big mess is the question someone asked: "Where the hell is Trump?" So yeah, where the f**k is the Leader of the Republican Party in all of this? Isn't he supposed to sort'a be a discrete referee in all of those chicken fights going on all over the floor of the House? lol
Fascists thrive in chaos.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Pohemi
Feb 4, 2009
He gives no fucks if it doesn’t directly involve him. See above it wouldn’t surprise me if he becomes speaker and honestly I am okay with it

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I had expected that after much dick waving, even the women, that McCarthy would get it on the second vote. This is better.

Reactions: Pohemi

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
I'm shocked that McCarthy didn't put up a sign on his office door offering House Republicans free blow jobs, with free extra tongue action thrown in for Freedom Caucus members, in return for their votes as Speaker.

It isn't like he didn't offer them pretty much anything and everything else.

The man is such a tool. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
For once I think the MAGAT far right crew in the House is doing something useful for a change. It's like what Sinema and Manchin were doing to Biden and Schumer but a whole lot worse. I'm hoping those transformed Tea Party Poopers become a royal pain in the party's ass for the whole two years they're in power, virtually paralyzing their efforts toward gifting the ultra wealthy with more tax cuts and loopholes to raid the treasury with. One can hope.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
I had expected that after much dick waving, even the women, that McCarthy would get it on the second vote. This is better.
Over on Reddit they are saying they are getting more to vote against him each round to neuter him more. Apparently word is they can get up to 25 nays. Would love to see Dems team up with a few moderates and select a moderate. Maybe we can avoid 2 years of pointless investigations.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Joy Reid just mentioned that "no one with a brain would want that job" so I guess Trump really is qualified for the position.
No Repub with a brain you mean.
Dems seem to run better ship when they had majority, especially since Pelosi only had +5 lead vs McCarthy's +9 lead.

Look at what happened to the last 2 Repub Speakers of the House (Bohemer and Ryan):
The Repub wackos wing ran them out of the office (and politics) only after 2yrs :eek:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
Fairly traditional Republican guy I know who gets involved in local politics has a Facebook post about it. Thread is funny as in Whoo Hoo we’re showing what the democratic process is like to hey they really should just vote for Kevin they made their point to what the hell waiting till tomorrow?
The Deplorable’s he knows are now blaming democrats for the Chaos. They should have voted to support Kevin to end this.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Round 3:
McCarthy 202, Jim Jordon (Freedumb Caucus) 20.
i assume the Dem candidate for speaker (Hakeem) is still ahead with 212. :p

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I'm shocked that McCarthy didn't put up a sign on his office door offering House Republicans free blow jobs, with free extra tongue action thrown in for Freedom Caucus members, in return for their votes as Speaker.

It isn't like he didn't offer them pretty much anything and everything else.
He did.
sucked, swallowed, lots of lube, and even pleasured the Freedumb Carcas's farm pets while they watched.

But as McCarthy whined: They kept on moving the goal posts.
(hm.. kinda like what the Repubs did to Obama on Obamacare.)

Praise the Gods for such a good entertaining start to the new year.
Thx Repubs
# Popcorn

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
For democrats losing control of the house, the new Congress could not have started any better.

It's not like it's going to get better once they actually figure out a speaker, these chucklefucks will be constantly torpedoing their own party for attention, clicks and donations. It's only about the grift

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
None of this should be a complete surprise. Republican House Speakership usually results in the Speaker being eaten alive by their own caucus or ethics/criminal violations.

Newt Gingrich: Ethics violations, resigned Speakership, resigned from House.
Dennis Hastert: resigned from House, arrested for bank fraud and felony false statements, pled to bank fraud and molesting minors.
John Boehner: resigned from Speakership, resigned from House.
Paul Ryan: declined to run for House in 2018.

Next up:

*edited to be fixed

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
None of this should be a complete surprise. REPUB House Speakership usually results in the Speaker being eaten alive by their own caucus or ethics/criminal violations.

Newt Gingrich: Ethics violations, resigned Speakership, resigned from House.
Dennis Hastert: resigned from House, arrested for bank fraud and felony false statements, pled to bank fraud and molesting minors.
John Boehner: resigned from Speakership, resigned from House.
Paul Ryan: declined to run for House in 2018.

Next up:
fixed

Reactions: nickqt

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
For democrats losing control of the house, the new Congress could not have started any better.

It's not like it's going to get better once they actually figure out a speaker, these chucklefucks will be constantly torpedoing their own party for attention, clicks and donations. It's only about the grift
I'm sure that on some level I realized that. But it really needed to be expressed.

Chucklefucks? Hmmm. Gnawing that one over at the moment. I do sense ,. . . potential.

Reactions: rommelrommel