House Passes 1/6 Commission

NWRMidnight

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

now...what will the senate do? the odds are much slimmer there due to 50/50+1
Anyone who voted no in the house, and anyone who votes no in the Senate need to be voted out when their seat comes up for re-election, period!

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So. Manchin. Running head first into the filibuster again. Manchin. Manchin the Insurrectionist.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Amol S.

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
In the possible commission hearing, during the testimony of Mark A. Miley....

Questioner: "Mr.Miley, when you told Mr.Trump that there is a threat at the capitol that could happen on Jan 6, what did he say?"
Miley: "He shrugged his shoulders."
Questioner: "He did not say to look into this or investigate this, so any threats do not happen?"
Miley: "Nope. He basically did what George Bush did when someone told him the possible threat of 9/11. Feet on the table, wine glass in one hand and drinking from it, and saying with the other hand to brush it to the side as if it was nothing of a threat. "

Feb 4, 2009
I don't know if this is subject to filibuster.

per reading it is, 60 votes required otherwise it is a “select committee”

in modern day terms simply assume everything needs 60 votes because it appears nearly everything other than selecting Judges (which was changed because Obama had too many open Judge roles due to this) and daily house keeping matters and I literally mean house keeping like who is assigned to handle the grounds maintenance and trash removal.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Just ask yourself what the GOP senators and GOP voters in general would be saying if the 1/6 y'all qaeda invasion was *actually* done by dipshit left-wingers (not imaginary ones).

They'd be frothing at the mouth calling for hangings.

Most non-right-wingers would be also calling for justice and transparency, that's the difference between the voting bases. One side is willing to call out their own. The down side is that the GOP solidarity that would lead them to back a Hitler/Stalin ticket as long as it has an (R) next to it means that they win elections.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Republicans made demands for this commission. Nancy called their bluff and gave them everything they wanted. Now McCarthy and McConnell are reneging.

They don't want the entire truth to come out. I guess we just go back to Mr. Potatohead and Dr. Seuss. The pressing issues

Reactions: DarthKyrie

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
The real question is whether or not Pelosi and company will spin up a Democrat-led House Select Committee with subpoena power once the compromise commission is officially dead in the Senate. They're perfectly capable of doing so and while its easy to be cynical about their backbone, but I think it's possible they'll show one here.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
The real question is whether or not Pelosi and company will spin up a Democrat-led House Select Committee with subpoena power once the compromise commission is officially dead in the Senate. They're perfectly capable of doing so and while its easy to be cynical about their backbone, but I think it's possible they'll show one here.
Maybe before that the ball goes to Manchin and Sinema to resolve filibuster first.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Dems never learn. Just Bengazi it just like the Pubs did. Bipartisanship died years ago. Fuck them!

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Just ask yourself what the GOP senators and GOP voters in general would be saying if the 1/6 y'all qaeda invasion was *actually* done by dipshit left-wingers (not imaginary ones).

They'd be frothing at the mouth calling for hangings.

Most non-right-wingers would be also calling for justice and transparency, that's the difference between the voting bases. One side is willing to call out their own. The down side is that the GOP solidarity that would lead them to back a Hitler/Stalin ticket as long as it has an (R) next to it means that they win elections.

Remember when people were against invading Iraq and how republicans reacted to anyone not supporting the war? Imagine that times 100. I’d imagine we’d have actual assassinations of democrats. Fox News would be replaying the video non stop and you’d have protests at the houses of democrats.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Conservative parasit....media is dug in too deep, trying to remove it may kill the host.
Dont know why they fear a little commission, Fox and kin will just broadcast “this is not happening, but we found hillarys emails on hunters laptop”... and it will be a non starter.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
The purpose of the commission won't be to figure out who was in the Captiol, we already have footage of that. What needs to be investigated is the state of the security at the Capitol and public officals that led to its degradation. The truth behind that is what the GOP fears.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
How hilarious is it that the idiots who ran the Benghazi Bullshit Tour for months and dozens of "hearings," are saying we don't need anymore investigation into the insurrection, where more people were killed and seriously injured, to say nothing of the damage to democracy?

It's hard to overstate just how fucking worthless these traitors are. No shame, no love of country, just fealty to mentally ill criminal and Russian asset, one bent on destroying democracy and confidence in it. Surprised to see that many Rs in the House vote for the Commission. I'm guessing Senate Rs will be more uncomfortable in having to deal with the clear and present danger to the country the GQP is. They've already protected Trump's treason and other crimes so many times, why should this be any different?

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

68c9e1de18d9143e9173b6fdb25a4f8f.jpg

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Ooooh, critically important news here.

Trump slams 35 House Republicans who voted in favor of Jan. 6 commission

With a bunch of 7th grade name calling.

Why does the media continue reporting on every vile, fetid thing that spews from this man's pie hole?

• Wow
Reactions: hal2kilo and DaaQ

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Someone in this forum claimed Trump was no longer relevant. Methinks he was mistaken

If you're referring to me, I wasn't talking about relevance. I was talking about whether it is now, or has been for years, wise for the media to air every nasty thing he says. It is not.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Ooooh, critically important news here.

Trump slams 35 House Republicans who voted in favor of Jan. 6 commission

With a bunch of 7th grade name calling.

Why does the media continue reporting on every vile, fetid thing that spews from this man's pie hole?
I absolutely love it. The more Trump fights Republicans, the more likely we are to have a Democratic hegemony for the next 20 years.