House Passes 1/6 Commission

Page 101 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Oh didn’t realize that behind the scenes video was from Pelosi’s daughter. The full 40 minutes will be shown later tonight on the news.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Speaking on fascism, Maddow has this out .. from the clips I've heard so far its almost like we're living a cover version of events past.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I think I figured this out...
Donald Trump wasn't president, Eric Cartman was. THAT'S IT !!!

R.d58d3ae4562d3507baed09ca2fa9d1af.jpg

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I watched it in it's entirety yesterday afternoon. If this wasn't real life, it would be just amazingly entertaining (I guess it still is). I just really marvel at how it's all presented, stitched together, rolled out etc. I knew from earlier tweets that they were going to vote to subpoena him at the end, so I could see the "build up" to that moment.

Will he comply? Of course not.
Did the committee do it's job in proving that Trump didn't do his job? Most definitely.

Linux23

Lifer
Apr 9, 2000
I watched it in it's entirety yesterday afternoon. If this wasn't real life, it would be just amazingly entertaining (I guess it still is). I just really marvel at how it's all presented, stitched together, rolled out etc. I knew from earlier tweets that they were going to vote to subpoena him at the end, so I could see the "build up" to that moment.

Will he comply? Of course not.
Did the committee do it's job in proving that Trump didn't do his job? Most definitely.
Sadly that hasn't convinced a single Trump maggot to change their minds. Not a single one.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
So Trump sends a 14 page letter to the committee, in which he does not address whether he will comply with the subpoena (he won't), but instead complains that the committee has not given him enough credit for attracting such a large crowd to the national mall that day...

With all that went on that day, and all that he is accused of, this is what he wants to talk about. The fucking crowd size. Sure, I'm a traitorous piece of shit who tried to stay in office after losing an election by unleashing a violent armed mob on Congress, but look how many people love me!

Why can't he just die already? It could be beneficial to science to dissect the brain of the first pure (100/100) narcissist in human history.

Last edited:

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
So Trump sends a 14 page letter to the committee, in which he does not address whether he will comply with the subpoena (he won't), but instead complains that the committee has not given him enough credit for attracting such a large crowd to the national mall that day...

With all that went on that day, and all that he is accused of, this is what he wants to talk about. The fucking crowd size. Sure, I'm a traitorous piece of shit who tried to stay in office after losing an election by unleashing a violent armed mob on Congress, but look how many people love me!

Why can't he just die already? It could be beneficial to science to dissect the brain of the first pure (100/100) narcissist in human history.

It's just insane... "January 6th and the investigation are hoaxes" / LOSER

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
And you still get people asking why didn’t they decide to subpoena him earlier. They already knew how he’d react. And while the committee wasn’t a partisan witch-hunt, they do know the political implications with the timing of this. Funny only Repugicans are allowed to play political games.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
And you still get people asking why didn’t they decide to subpoena him earlier. They already knew how he’d react. And while the committee wasn’t a partisan witch-hunt, they do know the political implications with the timing of this. Funny only Repugicans are allowed to play political games.

Eh, while I appreciate there is some political benefit to doing this now, there are other things the committee could do at this exact same point of much more political value. They could subpoena and criminally refer members of the house that have either refused and/or lied to them already. They could refer members of the administration that have refused to cooperate. They could do the same with 3rd party people like Ginny and Flynn. They could have prime time televised in person hearing for any/all of the above.

Stopsignhank

Platinum Member
Mar 1, 2014
Trump's reply is even more bat-shit crazy that you would think.

Link

Dear Chairman Thompson,

THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2020 WAS RIGGED AND STOLEN!
The same group of Radical Left Democrats who utilized their Majority position in
Congress to create the fiction of Russia, Russia, Russia, Impeachment Hoax #1,
Impeachment Hoax #2, the $48 Million Mueller Report (which ended in No
Collusion!), Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, the atrocious and illegal Spying on my
Campaign, and so much more, are the people who created this Committee of
highly partisan political Hacks and Thugs whose sole function is to destroy the
lives of many hard-working American Patriots, whose records in life have been
unblemished until this point of attempted ruination. The double standard of the
Unselects between what has taken place on the “RIGHT,” and what has taken
place with Radical Left, lawless groups such as Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and
others, is startling and will never be acceptable, even to those who will be writing
the history of what you have done to America.

14 pages of pure bat-shit.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
Look at this shit

0:56 -> You remember that video of Stone where all his face muscles spasms at random? You see a little of that here as well. He cant control his fcking face muscles.

I still don't understand the basis for the belief that Dems are cheating in elections. Is that just projection as well, or do they have some kind of 'evidence' they are using to back up this belief?

Or is it just an excuse?

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I still don't understand the basis for the belief that Dems are cheating in elections. Is that just projection as well, or do they have some kind of 'evidence' they are using to back up this belief?

Or is it just an excuse?
They lost. But they feel that they should have won. Therefore the evil demoRATS must have cheated. Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001

Or is it just an excuse?
Stone is lying because that is what Stone does, lies, all the time, about everything.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Or is it just an excuse?
I think Roger considers what Stacy Abrams is doing for cheating. That sort of thing. Sort of like McConnell's reaction to dems suggestion of making election day a national holiday: Its a power grab by the dems

And the mental gymnastics seems to be that, since dems are cheating, we need to cheat better. Its ... something.

Reactions: dank69 and hal2kilo

Motostu

Oct 5, 2020
I think Roger considers what Stacy Abrams is doing for cheating. That sort of thing. Sort of like McConnell's reaction to dems suggestion of making election day a national holiday: Its a power grab by the dems

And the mental gymnastics seems to be that, since dems are cheating, we need to cheat better. Its ... something.
Thanks. I mean, I remember TFG whining about how the election was going to be rigged against him, but that somewhat made sense (to me) for him to do that publicly because that's just who he is. This video of Stone just seems to be a different level to me, and I'm trying to wrap my head around it.

Edit: I get that Stone is a liar, no question there. This video wasn't public at the time, so it sort of gives me the sense that he believed what he was spouting at the time.

Last edited: