*HOT* Free Thermal Paste

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Trikat

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: shinzwei
well i got mine awhile back and just gotan Opteron 144. I decided to put some of the Thermal Max on the Opteron and im gettin g 31C Idle.....thats great! havent touched over 43 when i ran SP2004/Prime95. then i took off the themralmax and added as5.....what i notiuced was i was idleing at 37..going up to the higher 40!!!! This Thermal Paste is good!!!

Something must be wrong, because that is a huge percentage increase.

shinzwei

Banned
Jul 5, 2004
it used to be free until alot of people requested it. now there charging only 4 buck. and i have to say its worth it.

Tullphan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
Been about 6 weeks since I requested a sample. About how long did it take for y'all to get yours?

Zepper

Elite Member
May 1, 2001
I got mine very quickly (back when it was free shipping - I don't think it took a week from the time I asked to get it). I haven't tried it as it looks like it is copper filled and I haven't had a chace to acid-test it. Another company was selling a copper-filled goop and they couldn't give it away because it was so conductive. But if your CPU has a heat spreader, then that won't be as much of a concert. My CPU is a die-type with exposed components, so I won't be putting any on there until I can test it for raw copper (mix with a bit of battery (sulphuric) acid to see if it turns blue-green).

.bh.