Lievet

Jul 13, 2017
Hi there.

I am getting random horizontal blurred lines on my screen while I play a game called 'Black Desert Online'. These lines appear more frecuently when I move the camera vertically, and they are always in horizontal position. I tried to record or screenshot this issue but, when I try to record it, the blurred lines dissapear, and the same things happens when I try to screenshot it. Even if I take a screenshot with the blurred line in my screen, after I open the image there is no blurred line, the image is clear with perfect quality (this make me suspect of the HDMI cable). Since I couldn't take evidences with my computer, I recorded the issue with my mobile phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88JzkuHls4M

You can notice the issue clearly at the beggining of the video and around the second 15.

My GPU is a gtx 970 g1 gaming with a CPU i7-4790K. My monitor was bought the last week and it is a philips 223v5 (21.5", running a 1920x1080 resolution). The HDMI cable I use is a cheap one (but I don't know if there is really diference with a good quality one). My temps are okay, the max temp of my gpu is 71ºC. Here is a screenshot of my HWmonitor: http://imgur.com/a/tuJFr
Posible useful information: I passed FurMark and Valley benchmarks without any issue. I stressed the gpu without any issue and staying below of 74ºC my gpu.

Best Regards,

Lievet.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
I agree. Cable first. Second would be the screen (so let's hope it's just the cable).

Lievet

Jul 13, 2017
Hi.

Thanks for your repply.

My screen is okay out of the game doing another activities like watching films, youtube videos and stressing & benchmark tests. I don't get any issue. This is the reason why now I doubt about the cable (and because I read that I either get a perfect picture, or nothing at all. There's no "picture quality degradation", because this is a digital signal). I tried to enable Vsync and it seems that the issue has been reduced, although there still are random but less frequent, horizontal blurred and pixelated lines. I'm upgrading my OS from w7 to w10 to see if this solve the issue. I read somewhere there was a bug with the monitor sample rate in w7.

Best Regards,

Lievet.

Last edited: