Horizons: Empires of Istaria

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Skott
I'm registered. I can log in but it wont let me post/reply saying something about activation. I was supposed to get a email but never received it. Anyway, I was thinking keep the prices as is and fix things before going to a different price scheme. They need to prove to the customers they mean business before the customer should shell out more money. The burden of earning trust is on them. Shouldnt be on the customer. Especially considering the past history of the game.

I remember when I originally canceled that they (original company) kept billing me after I repeatedly canceled. I called and they said they'd fix it and never did. Finally after 3 months of them billing my cc I had to tell my credit card company to deny payment. It was the only way for me to get them to stop taking my money. I remember others had similar problems canceling their accounts. So it wasnt just the later companies like EI that was robbing people IMHO. I do wish the new company luck though. They are going to need it.

Tulga and other previous owners at one point used a 3rd party billing company called 'Ibill', it was them that causes the repeat payment issues. I got caught in it as well, fortunately, by that time, they have moved to a different company and I had to contact them for cancellation.

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
Yep I tell you. Every time I log into a game of UT2k4... I can't stand seeing 30 troopers with some form of gun. Curse those damned FPS games.

.... oh wait.

SergeC

May 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Skacer
I laughed so hard when that game came out. Laughed until it hurt, and then I think I broke something. The funny part was that before the game was even a twinkle, it had the most amazing hype page on the internet, about how you were going to be born into the world as a baby, and everyone was going to have to invent things like the wheel, and mobs didn't spawn randomly but had migratory patterns and all sorts of shit. It was called Dawn or something back then.

Dawn came later....talk about vaporware.