Hopes from an Obstructionist

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I think the rich of today need to be taught a history lesson about what happens to the rich when they become too greedy.

I honestly think that the rich today believe that can't happen again, and they might very well be right. The difference is that now at the first sign of real danger they can hop in their jets and be halfway around the world and protected by some country still friendly to them. Their wealth is mostly protected by being spread out across markets and hidden in multiple different countries. They might lose some of it, but even the worst case scenario leaves them as part of the top 1%.

It has been my belief for some time now that the financial elite have decided that their time in America is nearly over and have spent the last two decades looting what they can get out of America and preparing to move on to another place. Increasingly it looks like they are preparing China to be their new haven it is just that the government is not quite where they want it to be for their endgame yet.