Hopes from an Obstructionist

bradly1101

Diamond Member
May 5, 2013
www.bradlygsmith.org
The year has sprung! November isn’t that far away. I realized that I needed to start letting my nails grow out now for election night. The “Conservatives” have had their way domestically and on the world stage. Our national embarrassment, our national nightmare, could at least partially be over if people bother to vote.

Where is Internet voting? Some states have it for some elections, and all votes are digitized at some point (often in the booth). People say that Internet voting is a road to hacking disaster. With the right code The Cloud is secure. There have of course been some giant data breaches, and I have had some accounts open on the Internet for a long, long time and they’re perfectly secure. How would anyone know what the name of my first pet was, and my favorite teacher (I made that last one up, and I realize that I can’t answer it, too many greats). Bad code/good code. Software makes us or breaks us.

In my state jury duty is tied to voter registration, and I admit I didn’t register after a couple of moves to avoid that. Who am I to judge, especially in a flawed legal system? There have been trials where I would have been a lone holdout for guilt or innocence. I understand that there’s tremendous pressure put on people like that. No thanks. I’m below civic duty, and I respect those who take it seriously. Now that it’s truly difficult to get out of the house, the government allows me to vote by mail AND avoid jury duty. Such empathy.

So most must leave work (why is election day not on a weekend?), stand in line (7+ hours in some places), maybe get The Terminator to try to influence your vote (the event I witnessed on TV of him hovering over a voter in a polling place asking if the hapless guy was going to vote the right way on a proposition has apparently been scrubbed from the Internet, and was blatantly illegal), and after all that you wait to see if you’ve won at vote (often not for me).

Electronic voting from home would make more participate, results could be posted in real time, spurring more to vote, can’t have any of that.

I hope for obstruction until 2020, just like Republicans did two years into Obama. Social policy is so evil, anti-social has a better ring. Better to dismantle the institutions of empathy, watch your friends get richer, and let guns saturate the land and get in the hands of very unpredictable humans. Wonderful. Oh and Jerusalem…

I’ve said it before; deep holes are not inescapable, well except maybe with the guns.

Someday the lights will come back on.

EBKBCsD.jpg

Jul 9, 2009
I missed voting in a special mayoral election in 1978 in the Los Angeles County municipality where I lived. I felt really crappy about it and haven't missed a vote, any vote, since then. Voting is easy to do, early voting is easily available and only in the deepest of blue enclaves does the waiting to vote time ever reach a fraud asking time of 7+ hours. Every year you see Democrats looking for a way, some way they can commit vote fraud on a grand scale to insure their victory. They're not satisfied with their old ways of fraudulent voting or getting the dead to vote or "Vote early, vote often"

Yes before we get to routine posters that try to claim there is no such thing as vote fraud.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dead-people-voting-in-colorado/article/2602775

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I missed voting in a special mayoral election in 1978 in the Los Angeles County municipality where I lived. I felt really crappy about it and haven't missed a vote, any vote, since then. Voting is easy to do, early voting is easily available and only in the deepest of blue enclaves does the waiting to vote time ever reach a fraud asking time of 7+ hours. Every year you see Democrats looking for a way, some way they can commit vote fraud on a grand scale to insure their victory. They're not satisfied with their old ways of fraudulent voting or getting the dead to vote or "Vote early, vote often"

Yes before we get to routine posters that try to claim there is no such thing as vote fraud.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dead-people-voting-in-colorado/article/2602775
Hopefully no Democrat ever gets elected again so you can sing and dance while conservatives burn the country to ashes.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
I’m not for the tax cut because it doesn’t seem like the fiscally responsible thing to do, but how are the less well off harmed by it? It sounds edgy but what’s the substance behind "let them eat cake, bitch"?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I’m not for the tax cut because it doesn’t seem like the fiscally responsible thing to do, but how are the less well off harmed by it? It sounds edgy but what’s the substance behind "let them eat cake, bitch"?
Remember when Bush did the same thing so that when the bubble popped we were already in tremendous debt but still had to pump out stimulus to save the world economy? Think the last 9 years of uninterrupted growth is going to continue forever? We should be raising taxes right now, not cutting them and using that to pay down debt. Nope. Pile on more debt. I hope the next crash sends us straight back to the fucking dark ages. I am going to laugh and laugh when starving people start dining on the rich.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Remember when Bush did the same thing so that when the bubble popped we were already in tremendous debt but still had to pump out stimulus to save the world economy? Think the last 9 years of uninterrupted growth is going to continue forever? We should be raising taxes right now, not cutting them and using that to pay down debt. Nope. Pile on more debt. I hope the next crash sends us straight back to the fucking dark ages.

Nah, entitlement reform (reform = GOP code word for CUTS just like tax reform) will save us.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Hopefully there’s entitlement reforming, you say CUTS like it’s a bad thing. Spending is a problem. I agree we have to pay for what we spend so tax cuts don’t make a lot of sense, I don’t agree that shrinking the size of government (which isn’t what the tax cuts are doing) is a bad thing.

I hope the next crash sends us straight back to the fucking dark ages. I am going to laugh and laugh when starving people start dining on the rich.

So dramatic.

Reactions: Starbuck1975

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Hopefully there’s entitlement reforming, you say CUTS like it’s a bad thing. Spending is a problem. I agree we have to pay for what we spend so tax cuts don’t make a lot of sense, I don’t agree that shrinking the size of government (which isn’t what the tax cuts are doing) is a bad thing.

So dramatic.
Funny you ask how this will affect the little people and then immediately advocate entitlement reform.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Tax cuts and spending are two different things. How do tax cuts harm the little people?
Sorry bro. I already laid everything out for you nice and neat. Either you can't connect the dots or are just trying to troll me into a circular argument. Either way you are on your own. Enjoy your tax cut. Everything will be fine.

Reactions: FIVR

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Everything the Republicans do from now on will have "to pay for tax cuts for corporations" attached to it and used against them.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
They are by far the biggest ticket items so certainly worthy of taking a look at. Not advocating for eliminating them but certainly reforming.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
They are by far the biggest ticket items so certainly worthy of taking a look at. Not advocating for eliminating them but certainly reforming.

Military should be cut. If reforming = cuts, fuck you. If not, carry on.

Since the current administration, especially the treasury department, thinks that the tax cuts will not only pay for themselves but create even more revenue than is lost, maybe we should cut FICA. That will actually bring in more revenue than lost from the resulting growth = Laugher curve.