Hope Hicks resigning.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
But she has accomplished everything she wanted to and feels like it is a good time to leave.

Now if you believe that would you like to buy a bridge?
If by that you mean banging Corey Lewindowski, mission accomplished

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Her self confidence may have been shattered by being suckered and falling for a wife beater. I have no idea really, but I really pity those folk who have to awaken at this late date to having been suckered by a con man.

PS: The nation could be put out of its misery if Republicans would impeach. They are the source of this endless national shame.
You are talking about Trump voters

Younigue

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2017
I laughed heartily when I read about Hope's resignation especially taking in to consideration her hearing yesterday.

Yup, Trumpublicans see nothing wrong with this Administration. I've never been that committed to anything and I intend to be with my husband for the rest of my life (19 years in).

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Harsh? Maybe...but hasn't she been "romantically linked" to at least two now-former White House staffers?

Woman beating, wife cheating staffers. Although I'm sure evangelicals would give her a Mulligan or three too. Don't know id call her that tho.

Colossal fuck up is preferred.

She managed to make the WH look like a bunch of goons allied to a wife beater (ie revealed the truth.) Flaming failure as a Comm Dir.

Feb 16, 2005
This didn't need to be said to rationale people but its certainly needed here

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/politics/hope-hicks-testimony/index.html
ra·tion·ale
ˌraSHəˈnal/
noun
  1. a set of reasons or a logical basis for a course of action or a particular belief.
    "he explained the rationale behind the change"
    synonyms: reason(s), reasoning, thinking, logic, grounds, sense;

ra·tion·al
ˈraSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.
    based on or in accordance with reason or logic.
    "I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation"
    synonyms: logical, reasoned, sensible, reasonable, cogent, intelligent, judicious, shrewd, common-sense, commonsensical, sound, prudent
  2. 2.
    MATHEMATICS
    (of a number, quantity, or expression) expressible, or containing quantities that are expressible, as a ratio of whole numbers. When expressed as a decimal, a rational number has a finite or recurring expansion.

One of these things is not like the other...

IJTSSG

Golden Member
Aug 12, 2014
ra·tion·ale
ˌraSHəˈnal/
noun
  1. a set of reasons or a logical basis for a course of action or a particular belief.
    "he explained the rationale behind the change"
    synonyms: reason(s), reasoning, thinking, logic, grounds, sense;

ra·tion·al
ˈraSH(ə)n(ə)l/
adjective
  1. 1.
    based on or in accordance with reason or logic.
    "I'm sure there's a perfectly rational explanation"
    synonyms: logical, reasoned, sensible, reasonable, cogent, intelligent, judicious, shrewd, common-sense, commonsensical, sound, prudent
  2. 2.
    MATHEMATICS
    (of a number, quantity, or expression) expressible, or containing quantities that are expressible, as a ratio of whole numbers. When expressed as a decimal, a rational number has a finite or recurring expansion.

One of these things is not like the other...
Thanks. Fixed it

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
Mice and a sinking ship.

I'm still waiting for Tillerson, McMaster and Mad Dog to tender their resignations after all the crap they constantly have to deal with. Sessions too. I'm surprised he's held out this long.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001

Just what I said earlier - Trump was ticked because she said he made her lie. No loyalty to the leader means you're fired.

"Trump was angry with Hicks following her closed-door testimony to the House Intelligence Committee, in which she reportedly revealed she was sometimes required to tell “white lies” as part of her work in the White House. Burnett reported one of Trump’s “close allies” told CNN that Trump asked Hicks after her testimony 'how she could be so stupid.”'

Reactions: HomerJS

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
I laughed heartily when I read about Hope's resignation especially taking in to consideration her hearing yesterday.

Yup, Trumpublicans see nothing wrong with this Administration. I've never been that committed to anything and I intend to be with my husband for the rest of my life (19 years in).
So when you were flirting with me you were not serious?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hey, just like you. How about that.

She's cashing in and I don't blame her. Book deal, speaking circuit, talk shows. Cha-ching.

Vote for a gameshow host, expect a gameshow. Good job, comrade.