Honda Accord Coupe

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
I think you might have a point there, as I've mentioned several times in this thread. But thanks for your attempted contribution.

PaperclipGod

Banned
Apr 7, 2003
Get the 4 banger. A v6 in a honda accord is pointless, because it'll still get stomped by most other cars on the road. Most people who buy accord's buy them because theyre reliable and will last forever... unless of course youre one of those retards who buys a cheap car so they can have money left over to blow on hentai decals and 22" rims.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: PaperclipGod
Get the 4 banger. A v6 in a honda accord is pointless, because it'll still get stomped by most other cars on the road. Most people who buy accord's buy them because theyre reliable and will last forever... unless of course youre one of those retards who buys a cheap car so they can have money left over to blow on hentai decals and 22" rims.

You = dumbass. An accord V6 CAN stomp a good majority of the vehicles on the road.

Jombo

Golden Member
Aug 19, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: FrontlineWarrior I don't really want to race and therefore I don't really want to have a stick. I just like the way the coupe looks. I personally don't even like driving fast either. I just like the way the car looks and it seems like a good value. Can those reasons be good enough for me to buy a coupe or am I better off with a different make/model?
I call shenanagins. :p - M4H

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Originally posted by: FrontlineWarrior
I don't really want to race and therefore I don't really want to have a stick. I just like the way the coupe looks. I personally don't even like driving fast either. I just like the way the car looks and it seems like a good value. Can those reasons be good enough for me to buy a coupe or am I better off with a different make/model?

I call shenanagins. :p

- M4H
Spell it right, fool.

PaperclipGod

Banned
Apr 7, 2003
Originally posted by: rbloedow

You = dumbass. An accord V6 CAN stomp a good majority of the vehicles on the road.

lol, like what? a civic and a rav4?

the v6 accord does 0-60 in just under 7 seconds. thats not exactly a wealth of speed. if youre looking at an accord for speed, youre looking at the wrong car.

im not knocking it... like i said, theyll run forever. they just arent fast.

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
I think I will get the "4 banger" in order to avoid conversations like the one between PaperclipGod and rbloedow. And I will probably get the fabric seats. I will probably get my vehicle within the next two weeks and perhaps I will post some pictures as a token of my gratitude for the opinions given freely to me on this forum. Thank you once again to all who have offered opinions and advice; your altruistic contribution to my thread has helped me tremendously.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Isn't a V6 Honda worthless? It doesn't use enough gas for the added weight it brings on the frame. Miles well stick the lighter 4 cylinder i-Vtech in the sob for the same amount of power. Save money big time, with just about as much pick-up .

I don't know where where you're getting your info rbloedow, but the Honda v-6 can't do sh*t in a 1/4 mile ! It's a family car, leave it at that.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: Regs
Isn't a V6 Honda worthless? It doesn't use enough gas for the added weight it brings on the frame. Miles well stick the lighter 4 cylinder i-Vtech in the sob for the same amount of power. Save money big time, with just about as much pick-up .

I don't know where where you're getting your info rbloedow, but the Honda v-6 can't do sh*t in a 1/4 mile ! It's a family car, leave it at that.

a 6 speed accord can do the 1/4 in mid 14s. The new accord matches muscle cars from 10 years ago.

TechKnight

Platinum Member
Dec 14, 1999
Originally posted by: FrontlineWarrior
Yes I probably do need a psychiatrist. I dunno, I was just asking, because like sometimes when you see a lexus with fabric seats I'm just thinking, like, wtf is that? I guess I'm shallow.

My mom's friend's Lexus LS430 has cloth seats. She's an extreme Buddhist and you know how they do not believe in hurting animals. Lexuses usually don't come with cloth seats so she even had to pay extra to special order it as cloth.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: OS

a 6 speed accord can do the 1/4 in mid 14s. The new accord matches muscle cars from 10 years ago.

The Mag I read said high 15's , low 16's for the '03 V6 Honda. Muscle cars years ago did 12's and 13's.

BlamoHammer

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2002
If you can afford the V6 and the leather then get it. It will only help your resale value and the leather will be easier to clean and not to mention last longer. The V6 might not be as big of a deal if you dont mind less power. My advice would be to drive the V6 first and then take the 4 cylinder out for a spin. If the 4 feels like its enough for you then get it. Saves gas too.

On another note I have been pining for a EX Coupe in black with a spoiler on it since they came out... :D

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999

The Mag I read said high 15's , low 16's for the '03 V6 Honda. Muscle cars years ago did 12's and 13's.

10 years ago, stock camaros and mustangs did not run 12s/13s.

14.665 stock 6 speed

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Mu ha, you call those muscle cars? Last real mustang was made in the 70's. With new Emission laws and save the world act's, nothing from the 80's could produce a muscle car. Lucky my Camaro is grandfathered.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Mu ha, you call those muscle cars? Last real mustang was made in the 70's. With new Emission laws and save the world act's, nothing from the 80's could produce a muscle car. Lucky my Camaro is grandfathered.

Seeing that it's almost 2004, 10 years ago would have been mid 90s, not 80s.

MT: 6 speed V6

0-60-6.22s

1/4-14.54s @ 98.04 mph

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

lol, like what? a civic and a rav4?

the v6 accord does 0-60 in just under 7 seconds. thats not exactly a wealth of speed. if youre looking at an accord for speed, youre looking at the wrong car.

im not knocking it... like i said, theyll run forever. they just arent fast.
So a majority of cars on the road go from 0-60 in under 7 seconds huh?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: rbloedow
Originally posted by: PaperclipGod Get the 4 banger. A v6 in a honda accord is pointless, because it'll still get stomped by most other cars on the road. Most people who buy accord's buy them because theyre reliable and will last forever... unless of course youre one of those retards who buys a cheap car so they can have money left over to blow on hentai decals and 22" rims.
lol, like what? a civic and a rav4? the v6 accord does 0-60 in just under 7 seconds. thats not exactly a wealth of speed. if youre looking at an accord for speed, youre looking at the wrong car. im not knocking it... like i said, theyll run forever. they just arent fast.

Out of all of the cars on the road, how many can pull quarter miles in less than 14.5 seconds? I'd say that it's in the neightborhood of 15% (seriously, good look in your local mall parkinglot nimrod), and that would be the majority. I don't know what your definition of fast is, but it sure as hell isn't slow
rolleye.gif

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Regs Isn't a V6 Honda worthless? It doesn't use enough gas for the added weight it brings on the frame. Miles well stick the lighter 4 cylinder i-Vtech in the sob for the same amount of power. Save money big time, with just about as much pick-up . I don't know where where you're getting your info rbloedow, but the Honda v-6 can't do sh*t in a 1/4 mile ! It's a family car, leave it at that.

Maybe modified muscle cars, but the majority if stock muscle cars can't pull anywhere near those times. But yeah, it seems like you've got a good opinion sof the car because you read a magazine, yet you haven't driven the car.

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
the v6 accord goes 0-60 in 6.4.....which is pretty quick for the midsize sedan market

wasssup

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2000
i'd rather have a civic coupe...only because i'm not too fond of the new accord coupes :)

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
"Muscle" cars of the "90s" do about 13-14s. My brother's 93' Trans-Am gets about a 13.5 average, just about completely stock. Your V6 accord gets around a 14.5. Thats about 1 second slower.

Oh, and I beat some V6 Accord autocrossing in my Saturn. Hahaha...

I would still opt for the V6, nothing wrong with a little more power.

EDIT: Mustangs probally got around the 14 second mark, while newer F-Bodies equiped with the LS1 (Camaros/TransAms) got around the extremely low 13 mark.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
That V6 is SWEET!!

If you can, get the 6-speed manual!

Navi is way overrated...i'd enjoy a smooth yet powerful powerplant over a gadget.

Not to mention the nicest interior in a Honda, EVER!