Holy F! Hillary being interviewed by Howard Stern

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Dear god, please tell me you understand what a joke our media is when a mainstream news source is "Hillary Clinton ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED Bernie Sanders in blah blah interview"....

Christ what pathetic times we live in.

Agree that title is complete BS. CNN favors sensationalistic headlines to get people to click on it and read the article.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
And yeah - I wouldn't listen to it just based on that it's likely scripted. Ever watched the Joe Rogan show when he interviewed Bernie? It was 100% nothing like what he usually does during interviews and you could easily tell it was all scripted.

Which means you're not trying to have a conversation - it means you're pushing an agenda.

this guy...this guy right here....doesn't really get anything.

• Haha
Reactions: Vic and ivwshane

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Dear god, please tell me you understand what a joke our media is when a mainstream news source is "Hillary Clinton ABSOLUTELY DESTROYED Bernie Sanders in blah blah interview"....

Christ what pathetic times we live in.
Ah.. someone got triggered..

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Still contributing nothing I see. Did it hurt your feelings to learn that Fox News isn't the only bias' media that is for children?
Not at all, as I have argued here that all media is biased. In fact, I argue that is impossible for anyone (media or otherwise) to be unbiased. So you fail again.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting back and laughing your usual impotent misogyny. Forever mad at all women because that first one laughed at you.

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Haven't heard the interview, but CNN reporting that she said this about Bernie Sanders:

Clinton is right about this. Sanders needs to unify with other democrats this time or we might see another four years of that...thing in office. But will her comment only further the divide among the dems?

The election was months after Sanders was snuffed out with no contested convention, and even then, we already knew Hillary was winning prior to the closure. As well, more Sanders voters voted for her than Hillary voters voted for Obama in 2008. Any negativity would have faded out just like the cycle of bad news HIllary had in the beginning of 2016.

What exactly do you mean by he needs to unify? He didn't rail against Hillary after he lost.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The election was months after Sanders was snuffed out with no contested convention, and even then, we already knew Hillary was winning prior to the closure. As well, more Sanders voters voted for her than Hillary voters voted for Obama in 2008. Any negativity would have faded out just like the cycle of bad news HIllary had in the beginning of 2016.

What exactly do you mean by he needs to unify? He didn't rail against Hillary after he lost.
Sanders allowed (or did very little to stop) propaganda that portrayed him as having been cheated of the nomination and which reduced turnout among his supporters. And as correctly point out, Bernie was not cheated.
The argument that relatively few Bernie supporters voted for Trump is disingenuous because Hillary lost the election with almost the same number of votes as Obama won with in 2012.
I can't repeat this often enough: the idea that Trump won because of voters switching sides is a myth. The numbers clearly show that Trump won because just enough Democrats in just a few critical states stayed home. Period.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
this guy...this guy right here....doesn't really get anything.
Can I have the definition please?
"To look at and comprehend the meaning of (written or printed matter) by mentally interpreting the characters or symbols of which it is composed."
Can you use it in a sentence please?
"Billy makes sure to read an article before responding."
Read. R-E-A-C-T. Read.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Sanders allowed (or did very little to stop) propaganda that portrayed him as having been cheated of the nomination and which reduced turnout among his supporters. And as correctly point out, Bernie was not cheated.
The argument that relatively few Bernie supporters voted for Trump is disingenuous because Hillary lost the election with almost the same number of votes as Obama won with in 2012.
I can't repeat this often enough: the idea that Trump won because of voters switching sides is a myth. The numbers clearly show that Trump won because just enough Democrats in just a few critical states stayed home. Period.

okay, so because of “things Sanders allowed to continue or didn’t do enough to stop” an unknown number of his voters might not have voted for Clinton in the ge, despite Sanders campaigning for Clinton harder than Clinton did herself. Is that it?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
okay, so because of “things Sanders allowed to continue or didn’t do enough to stop” an unknown number of his voters might not have voted for Clinton in the ge, despite Sanders campaigning for Clinton harder than Clinton did herself. Is that it?

"Sanders campaigned for Clinton harder than Clinton did herself" is exactly the same kind of blatantly false self-serving narrative that we have come to expect from the Trump crowd. Just sayin.

Reactions: dank69

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

That came about because of the little things the DNC did (regardless of whether you think they had a real impact or not), and the concern trolling by Republicans and the Russian bots. The bigger issue with the unbound superdelegates they had forever to change.

She had so much baggage going in I'd love to see you do an analysis on the percentage each variable contributed to her loss and that this actually contributed more than Comey and Jill Stein. I could go all day on the factors like the rabid dislike of her over the AWB.

She didn't get nearly the number of non-white as Obummer did. Young minority voters particularly hurt her, which mostly is because the enthusiasm wasn't there rather than some grudge over feeling that Bernie was cheated. Suffice to say, Trump basically won because he got enough of the deplorables out, while Hillary couldn't muster enough to offset Comey etc..

enten-nonvoters-2.png

Considering that she only lost by about 80K votes in a few states, you could easily say either.

• Biden is more popular among Obama-Trump voters than Sanders or Warren, although he’s still underwater with that voting bloc.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That came about because of the little things the DNC did (regardless of whether you think they had a real impact or not), and the concern trolling by Republicans and the Russian bots. The bigger issue with the unbound superdelegates they had forever to change.

She had so much baggage going in I'd love to see you do an analysis on the percentage each variable contributed to her loss and that this actually contributed more than Comey and Jill Stein. I could go all day on the factors like the rabid dislike of her over the AWB.

She didn't get nearly the number of non-white as Obummer did. Young minority voters particularly hurt her, which mostly is because the enthusiasm wasn't there rather than some grudge over feeling that Bernie was cheated. Suffice to say, Trump basically won because he got enough of the deplorables out, while Hillary couldn't muster enough to offset Comey etc..

enten-nonvoters-2.png

Considering that she only lost by about 80K votes in a few states, you could easily say either.

• Biden is more popular among Obama-Trump voters than Sanders or Warren, although he’s still underwater with that voting bloc.

I know I'm a little slow but how can 75% of registered whites vote and 55% of registered whites not vote?

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
The young turks said it best...

maybe Hillary had good points to make but she apparently just cannot "Let it go... let it goooooooo..."

Just so you know according to a credible New York Times reporter people in President Obama's camp don't think that Hillary was blameless for her loss...

Supposedly between 5 and 9 percent of people who voted for Obama turned around and voted for Trump... that would be about just over 3 million voters on the low side.

I'm not watching that interview beyond what I have seen (so sue me) and it's a wonder that Howard Stern has become an establishment tool but hey I guess just about no one can be a rebel forever....

Feb 4, 2009
Uh oh Howard has awoken the Bernie Bros.
Guys it was a pretty innocent opinion she had. Opinion is the key word.
Let it go.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Uh oh Howard has awoken the Bernie Bros.
Guys it was a pretty innocent opinion she had. Opinion is the key word.
Let it go.
I'd let it go if Hillary would.. but she hasn't it was a subject of the interview that she went fairly into depth on...

BTW I'd have been happy if Sen. Warren ran in 2016 and if she gets the nomination next year I'll happily vote for her. just fyi Bernie was asked in 2015 who he would like to run for 2016 and it was Sen. Warren. So maybe you're Bernie-Bro narrative is just that only a narrative.

Feb 4, 2009
I'd let it go if Hillary would.. but she hasn't it was a subject of the interview that she went fairly into depth on...

BTW I'd have been happy if Sen. Warren ran in 2016 and if she gets the nomination next year I'll happily vote for her. just fyi Bernie was asked in 2015 who he would like to run for 2016 and it was Sen. Warren. So maybe you're Bernie-Bro narrative is just that only a narrative.

It’s not, Hillary and everyone is allowed to have an opinion. To me her comment took around 30 seconds of around a 90 minute interview (estimate I haven’t heard the whole thing yet). To get stuck up on one 30 second comment makes one a Bernie Bro.

Shit I really like the stuff Bernie says, I don’t like how there never is a plan on how to move forward. Bernie could have put more effort into supporting Hillary.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
It’s not, Hillary and everyone is allowed to have an opinion. To me her comment took around 30 seconds of around a 90 minute interview (estimate I haven’t heard the whole thing yet). To get stuck up on one 30 second comment makes one a Bernie Bro.

Shit I really like the stuff Bernie says, I don’t like how there never is a plan on how to move forward. Bernie could have put more effort into supporting Hillary.

Hey if she can't let it go... then like I you said people have their rights to their opinion she talked about it for 30 seconds? well you probably spend about 30 seconds reading my first post in this thread unless you watched the videos /shrug.

Bernie did fight hard for Hillary in 2016 Bernie continued stumping for Hillary in 2016 after the convention even as he got boos from some of his primary supporters *who were wrong to do so*

If Hillary had nothing to say about Bernie in that interview I would have had nothing to say in this thread so you (as you previously stated) are welcome to have your opinion of the narrative that you want to cling to despite my willingness to vote for someone beside Bernie to one degree or another (Sen. Warren being my next best choice); As I have my opinions about Hillary's statements about Bernie's actions in 2016

Feb 4, 2009
Hey if she can't let it go... then like I you said people have their rights to their opinion she talked about it for 30 seconds? well you probably spend about 30 seconds reading my first post in this thread unless you watched the videos /shrug.

Bernie did fight hard for Hillary in 2016 Bernie continued stumping for Hillary in 2016 after the convention even as he got boos from some of his primary supporters *who were wrong to do so*

If Hillary had nothing to say about Bernie in that interview I would have had nothing to say in this thread so you (as you previously stated) are welcome to have your opinion of the narrative that you want to cling to despite my willingness to vote for someone beside Bernie to one degree or another (Sen. Warren being my next best choice); As I have my opinions about Hillary's statements about Bernie's actions in 2016

I just don’t agree Bernie “fought hard”
Opinion stuff just like Hillary should never say anything negative about Bernie.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

If Hillary had nothing to say about Bernie in that interview I would have had nothing to say in this thread so you (as you previously stated) are welcome to have your opinion of the narrative that you want to cling to despite my willingness to vote for someone beside Bernie to one degree or another (Sen. Warren being my next best choice); As I have my opinions about Hillary's statements about Bernie's actions in 2016 and people will agree or disagree with them that's really all there is to say about this.